Abducted strays?

Old October 16th 03, 09:54 PM

In , on 10/16/03
at 04:56 PM, Elvis Parsely said:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:22:40 GMT, , wrote:

In ington.edu, on 10/14/03
at 01:04 PM, Sharon Talbert said:

I am afraid I don't see the problem. I am always thrilled when I discover
someone has taken home a homeless cat or kitten. Not that I would leave a
half-dead momcat and her kitten outside in the first place. (But that is
perhaps another conversation.)

The animal control office and the shelter I was working with doesn't sure your
thinking. BTW, these cats were not homeless; they were sheltered, during the
day and the night, fed and given attention -- by me and the kids and their
parents across the street. It was the bimbo next door who did nothing for them
-- and who the cats ran from -- that decided they had to go.

Was the bimbo the supposed owner of the cats? Do you call her bimbo because
of her sexual behavior or because you don't like her for some other reason?

And this bimbo question is related to what?

The owner is unknown. The momcat is stray with a kitten I was caring for --
Without discussion, consideration or any concern for the cats, the bimbo
assisted someone in taking them from a place where they were being fed, were
secure, had people who cared about them, had people working to socialized
them, and where other cats have survived for years.

-- The momcat was spotted a couple of nights ago headed down a road towards a
busy US highway, probably trying to find her way home -- as she has been on
several occasions before she and the kitten were taken. -- Get what is
happening here? Use the word jackass if you don't like bimbo.

Jade

PS: Her roommate got so ****ed over this, that she is moving out tonight.

Connect the dots!

Old October 17th 03, 12:44 AM
Sharon Talbert

Really? You mean I could come to Seattle and take a couple of your
"campus cats" without speaking to their cargegiver and you would be
"thrilled"? What kind of a "friend" are you?

Actually, we've had a couple of happy instances where a feral cat that
socialized over time was gathered up and taken home by its favorite
person, to live in happy retirement. Campus Cats was estatic, and paid
stiff vet bills to be sure the cats were in reasonable condition.

Would you adopt out one of your socialized cats to a couple who lived in
a small trailer with four other cats?

I doubt I would adopt to you. Nor would I leave a tame and ill cat and
her kitten outside while I fiddled around "socializing" them.

Have a nice day.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

Old October 17th 03, 10:50 AM

In ngton.edu, on 10/16/03
at 04:44 PM, Sharon Talbert said:

Really? You mean I could come to Seattle and take a couple of your
"campus cats" without speaking to their cargegiver and you would be
"thrilled"? What kind of a "friend" are you?

Actually, we've had a couple of happy instances where a feral cat that
socialized over time was gathered up and taken home by its favorite person,
to live in happy retirement. Campus Cats was estatic, and paid stiff vet
bills to be sure the cats were in reasonable condition.

This is not one of those happy instances. The process was cut short by be
someone else. In this case the momcat was seen walking down the side of busy
hightway in the rain a few nights ago. -- Smoke on that one!

Would you adopt out one of your socialized cats to a couple who lived in
a small trailer with four other cats?

I doubt I would adopt to you. Nor would I leave a tame and ill cat and her
kitten outside while I fiddled around "socializing" them.

Who said the momcat was tame? -- You keep reading things that are not there,
were not implied, and are not correct. -- It colors your thinking until you
have no idea what you are talking about.

Old October 17th 03, 01:36 PM
Elvis Parsely

, wrote:

[...]

It might be your writing style, but I'm afraid I'm just not
understanding the situation here. (Other than some stray cats were
taken somewhere and you're really angry about it) I asked about Bimbo
because I wanted to discern the source of your anger toward this
person.

My best guess is it sounds like there was a major lack of
communication between all parties and that resulted in an action taken
that might not have been best for the cats. I'd say communication now
might resolve the problem. But again, I'm not sure I'm understanding
you.

Jade

Old October 17th 03, 09:15 PM

, wrote:

[...]

See took cats I was caring for and she was not involved in. -- What part of
that that is beyond your understanding? Or do you think stray cats are just
there for the taking?

My best guess is it sounds like there was a major lack of
communication between all parties and that resulted in an action taken that
might not have been best for the cats. I'd say communication now might
resolve the problem. But again, I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

There is more then misunderstanding. There is a complete lack of ethics on
her part. She took cats she was not caring for. There is placing cats in
home the humane society would not approve of (and they told me that), there is
the issue of that cat roaming at night on a highway tying to find home -- not
to mention the Fisher cats that are in this area praying of small game and pet
cats.

I'm sorry but there are whole lot of people around this list that are out of
touch with reality.