Purrs for Nathan please?

Old February 23rd 05, 11:11 AM
wafflycat

Default Purrs for Nathan please?

Greetings all.

We have snow. Several inches of it - which is a lot for this part of the
world. For once, and surprisingly, the schools have not closed. Nathan
cycles the 13 miles to college each day. This morning he set off early and
on my recumbent trike. Much more stable on snow & ice than a bicycle, as
three wheels and a low centre of gravity. It took him an hour-and-a-half to
cycle to college this morning - twice as long as his normal commute. He rang
to say he got there okay, which calmed my frayed nerves :-) He has the
return journey to make later today, and we are getting continued snow falls
all morning, and it's not melting, so the depth of snow is getting gradually
deeper. May I please have some purrs that Nathan has an uneventful cycle
ride home from college, please? It'll help calm my frayed nerves again :-)

Cheers, Helen s

Old February 23rd 05, 02:17 PM
Gabey8

Purrs and purr-ayers for a safe commute are forthcoming!

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old February 23rd 05, 02:28 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

As soon as my eight have fisnished their breakfast & morning zoomies, I will
set them to purring for a safe homecoming, not only for Nathan, but for
anyone there who needs it, and for your nevers to become unfrazzled and to
be calmed.

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old February 23rd 05, 03:23 PM
CatNipped

Purrs that Nathan makes it home safely. Do you guys have a truck that you
could pick both him and the trike up with? If it gets too bad that might be
a better option.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 23rd 05, 03:43 PM
wafflycat

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote
in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Purrs and purr-ayers for a safe commute are forthcoming!

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Thanks - the weather is easing now, so he should be fine.

Old February 23rd 05, 03:44 PM
wafflycat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Purrs that Nathan makes it home safely. Do you guys have a truck that you
could pick both him and the trike up with? If it gets too bad that might
be a better option.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Truck owning is not normal for the UK :-) The wether has broken, so he
should be fine :-)

Old February 23rd 05, 05:41 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-23, wafflycat penned:

We have snow. Several inches of it - which is a lot for this part of the
world. For once, and surprisingly, the schools have not closed. Nathan
cycles the 13 miles to college each day. This morning he set off early and
on my recumbent trike. Much more stable on snow & ice than a bicycle, as
three wheels and a low centre of gravity. It took him an hour-and-a-half to
cycle to college this morning - twice as long as his normal commute. He rang
to say he got there okay, which calmed my frayed nerves :-) He has the
return journey to make later today, and we are getting continued snow falls
all morning, and it's not melting, so the depth of snow is getting gradually
deeper. May I please have some purrs that Nathan has an uneventful cycle
ride home from college, please? It'll help calm my frayed nerves again :-)

What a trooper! Here's hoping for an uneventful ride home.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 23rd 05, 07:20 PM
Julie Cook

wafflycat wrote:

[...]

Purrs on the way for Nathan to make it home safely tonight. Does he have
friends he could stay with near campus if travel home becomes too dangerous?

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old February 23rd 05, 07:30 PM
Adrian

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Purrs that by now Nathan is home and safe. We've had surprisingly little
snow here on the North Yorkshire coast, and what we have had so far has
mostly melted.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 03:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 06:20 AM