Update on cat not eating

Old February 13th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Update on cat not eating

All,

Thanks to all who have voiced their advice and concern. It looks like
Orion is gaining a little momentum and is starting to eat again. It
seems as if grief / stress may have been the cause of him stopping
eating. We found that if we get him to play with us a while before
eating, things go much better.

Rob
Old February 14th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:50:47 -0500, "cindys"
wrote:

Big sigh of relief. I'm really glad. You also may want to try the ProPlan
"Sardines and Tuna in Aspic." Our veterinary office has found that cats who
refuse to eat anything else will often eat this. It's available at PetSmart
and Petco or online at:

That's the stuff my cats eat around. They love the aspic, but the
chunks of fish just sit there in the bowl when they're done. Cats are
weird.
Old February 14th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

wrote:

Big sigh of relief. I'm really glad. You also may want to try the ProPlan
"Sardines and Tuna in Aspic." Our veterinary office has found that cats
who
refuse to eat anything else will often eat this. It's available at
PetSmart
and Petco or online at:

That's the stuff my cats eat around. They love the aspic, but the
chunks of fish just sit there in the bowl when they're done. Cats are
weird.

----------
Some cats will do that with any type of chunky cat food.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old February 14th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:53:08 GMT, "cindys"
wrote:

Some cats will do that with any type of chunky cat food.
Best regards,

Yep. Rudy will only lick the gravy from food like that. He is finally
eating some of the canned Innova Evo, but I have to cut it up into bite
sized chunks for him. It is a sort of pate', no gravy.

Cats ARE weird, which is one of the main reasons I find them so adorable.

--
Lynne