re feeding dilemma

Old August 23rd 03, 01:10 PM
Jean H

Default re feeding dilemma

sorry I cant help you there got a cat exactly the same its really
frustrating isn't it? I can spend an hour at the cat food shelves in the
store and when I give it to him he doesn't want it he'll eat afair bit of
dry food but he's the same with fresh meat as he is with canned foodI buy
him those lamb , veal and beef steaks, he'll gollop them down one day and
walk away with his head in the air the next. I'll be looking out for any
tips or advise you may receive good luck jp
From: "Yoj"
Subject: Feeding dilemma
Date: Friday, August 22, 2003 9:20 AM

I'm at a loss what to do. Skeeter almost never eats anything but dry
food. Lindy eats (or has eaten in the past) both wet and dry food.
Lindy gets very picky at times, and at one time I kept a record of
everything I fed her and how much of it she ate, so I could be sure to
buy the kinds of food she likes. Now she doesn't seem to like any of
it.

Since Skeeter is now on KD, they are both eating that - the dry kind.
Lately, Lindy has not been eating the canned food at all. The dry food
is down all the time, and I try to feed Lindy the wet food at around
6:00. Every day she starts pestering me about 5:00, and keeps pestering
until I go out and put the dishes on the floor. (I always divide it
into two dishes so Skeeter won't feel left out, even though she almost
never eats any) When I put the food down, Lindy will sometimes lick off
any gravy, and occasionally she will take a nibble or two. Sometimes
she won't even go near the dish, or goes up to it and gives it a
disgusted look. Then she wants out. I leave the dishes down until
bedtime and then pick them up.

I'm getting tired of spending the money on food she doesn't eat,
especially since KD is so much more expensive than Friskies. I'm
tempted to stop putting down the canned food, but that would probably
mean she would keep pestering me until bedtime.

Any suggestions?

Joy

Old August 24th 03, 07:43 PM
CAROL HUTCHINNGS

I know what you mean Jean! It can be a bit like running a restaurant without
any of the benifits! My Buzz Cat will eat most things - providing they are
not put out specifically in his food bowl! He likes the satchets of food
providing it's got a few Co Cat added. Otherwise - forget it! Just a sniff
and a poke with the paw, and walk off in disgust.
Try letting him think he's pinched it.
Carol

Feeding dilemma Yoj Cat anecdotes 11 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Feeding dilemma Victor M. Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 July 22nd 03 08:31 PM