'And whiskers on kittens...'

Old August 9th 04, 03:10 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:51:04 +0300, "Marina"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote
snippage of lots of neat stuff

Next: Toesies and nosies. They are so cute. I especially love
little pink noses like Stinky's. It actually changes color, depending
on how he's feeling! Most of the time it's a very pale pink, but
when he gets excited or very, very cuddly and purry, it turns a deep,
rosy shade.

I loved your post, Theresa. So well and lovingly written. Frank's nose does
this, too, changing from light pink to deep rose. I always ask him, "what
are you blusing about now?".

That must drive Miss Waffles to distraction!

Theresa
Old August 9th 04, 03:11 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:53:10 +0700, "badwilson" yodeled:

Some of my favourite things are getting headbutts, the look of utter ecstasy
on Vino's face when I scritch his cheeks really well with my fingernails,
how cute he looks when he's meatloafing (all round and compact and solid),
and his adorable little furry paws when he dangles them over the edge of the
table. But there are many, many more favourite things and new ones get
invented every day :-)

What about his butt? He's got the cutest behind.

Theresa

Old August 9th 04, 03:12 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 05:56:43 GMT, "Melissa Houle"
yodeled:

Bobcat wrote in message
. ..
I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
"Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
making cats happy.
OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
cats/kittens???

With Panther, it is his elegance, and the way he can sit in the perfect
imitation of an Egyptian statue. He is the soul of dignity--except when he
isn't. =o) He also has a goofy side which he shows when I'm in bed late on
weekend mornings, and giving him a tummy rub which he adores. He does a
little shoulder roll and turns his head upside down in what I assume is the
"Upside-downy head" position.

(snip)

Yes! Yes!

Everybody sing along!

Theresa

Old August 9th 04, 03:28 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:58:35 -0400, Zorin the Lynx
yodeled:

Let's see...

- Lynxie's whiskers, of course. They're so numerous and perfectly
symmetrical.
- The way his whiskers tip forward when you're dangling a toy or treat
in front of him, almost as if "feeling" the air in front of him.

Oh, yes, that is so cute. They sort of curve in towards each other,
like little fingers.

(snip)

- The way he rubs against my ankles at the most unexpected times; IE I'm
slaughtering demons in DOOM and suddenly I feel this softness against
me. (I usually end up slaughtered in the game after this)

Oh, they know it! Believe me, they know it!

Theresa