[BUBBELS] Mystery solved

Old November 21st 04, 04:08 AM
Yowie

Default [BUBBELS] Mystery solved

The last mystery is solved: when the bubbels move down the screen, they
don't just randomly rearrange themselves, because they are arranged in
hexagonal format and "down" isn't a directiont he hexagons can go neatly to,
what happens is that if the line has a gap at the left, when it moves down,
it then has a gap at the right (moving all bubbels in that line half a
bubbel to the left) and if the line has a gap towards the right, when it
moves down one, the gap is then at the left, moving all bubbel sin that line
half a bubbel to the right. The net up shot is that they move one bubbel
across in relations to the rows above and below them. If you had a realy
nice configuation that got ruined, it will return to that configuation
(assuming you have'nt popped bubbles in between it) the next time they all
march down the screen.

How did I find this out?

(I acknowledge that this is behvaiour of an addict)

I used my digital camera to take a picture of the screen before and after
each shot, and compared what happened.

Now all I need to figure out is the scoring system (its not quite as
straight forward as you'd first think), and i might feel sane again.
Bwahahahaha.

Yowie

---

Old November 21st 04, 04:23 PM
Sherry

[...]

Sigh. I still can't even clear the screen. :-(

Sherry

Old November 21st 04, 04:48 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:08:41 +1100, "Yowie"
yodeled:

[...]

awed silence

Theresa

Old November 21st 04, 06:36 PM
lewe

Yowie skrev i
| The last mystery is solved: when the bubbels move down the screen, they
| don't just randomly rearrange themselves, because they are arranged in
| hexagonal format and "down" isn't a directiont he hexagons can go neatly
to,
| what happens is that if the line has a gap at the left, when it moves
down,
| it then has a gap at the right (moving all bubbels in that line half a
| bubbel to the left) and if the line has a gap towards the right, when it
| moves down one, the gap is then at the left, moving all bubbel sin that
line
| half a bubbel to the right. The net up shot is that they move one bubbel
| across in relations to the rows above and below them. If you had a realy
| nice configuation that got ruined, it will return to that configuation
| (assuming you have'nt popped bubbles in between it) the next time they all
| march down the screen.
|
| How did I find this out?
|
| (I acknowledge that this is behvaiour of an addict)
|
| I used my digital camera to take a picture of the screen before and after
| each shot, and compared what happened.
|
| Now all I need to figure out is the scoring system (its not quite as
| straight forward as you'd first think), and i might feel sane again.
| Bwahahahaha.
|
| Yowie

JOEL, JOEL!! can you hear me?
get her away from there - you need to shut the puter down and get her out in
the fresh air!
this is gone too long alreaddy ...
Vicky here's a cold, wet snowball to your neck to get you to snap out of it!
zzzzzzznow
LOL
;P
--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old November 21st 04, 06:36 PM
lewe

Yowie skrev i

Old November 21st 04, 08:29 PM
Jo Firey

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I knew you'd figure it out. Wow.

I know there are extra points for bank shots. Not sure about colors.

Let us know how it works.

Jo