Cat Using toilet and toilet paper

Old September 11th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Cat Using toilet and toilet paper

Yowie wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbHS4YJOMc&NR=1

Amazing!

BTW - there was a aweful lot of water in that pan. Is that normal?

Yowie

When ou said "pan" did you mean the toilet? If so, the answer is yes. MLB
Old September 12th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kajikit wrote:

He does unroll some toilet paper, but he probably does
that because he's seen his human(s) do it after using the toilet. He
doesn't seem to have any idea what it's for.

He's just trying to 'bury' and when he hits the roll it unrolls... our
girls did the same thing (only they dragged the paper down into their
litterbox.)

Oh, I didn't think of that! Did you notice that he was scratching on
the toilet seat with that "burying" motion? I guess since that didn't
do an adequate job of covering up the poop, he then moved on to the
toilet paper, which you have to admit, did a fine job of burying. I
thought he was unrolling the paper because he'd seen humans do that
after using the toilet.

Joyce

--
If we discovered we only had five minutes left to say all that we
wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people
Old September 12th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:

I should give away the two sacks of litter that I have, too. Come to terms
that I do not need it now.

The moment you do, you'll have a "visitor" that prefers the indoor
facilities to outside.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://moonglowminnow.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old September 12th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

I I know it's possible to train indoor cats to pee/poo in the toilet (they
do not flush, leading to embarrassment if a visiting friend needs to use
your facilities)

Caliban often flushes my toilet, because it is flushed by a button on
the tank, and he often waltzes around there and accidentally steps on
the button. The weirdest thing is when he steps on the button while I'm
using the 'throne'. Unfortunately, he hasn't taken to using the toilet
instead of the litter box. My sister's cat, Linus, did learn to use the
toilet, just by watching my sister.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 12th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Caliban often flushes my toilet, because it is flushed by a button on
the tank, and he often waltzes around there and accidentally steps on
the button. The weirdest thing is when he steps on the button while I'm
using the 'throne'. Unfortunately, he hasn't taken to using the toilet
instead of the litter box. My sister's cat, Linus, did learn to use the
toilet, just by watching my sister.

I think it's amazing that he figured out what she was doing while
sitting there. Sure, they know you spend time there, and that you're
a captive audience for feline attention. And they know that when you
stand up, you press that button or lever and it makes a lot of noise,
and then the water swirls around, in what is for some a fascinating
way. But do they understand why you were sitting there to begin with?
Apparently, Linus did. Is he generally a smart cat?

Joyce

--
Officer: Soldier, do you have change for a dollar?
Soldier: Sure, buddy.
Old September 12th 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
Marina wrote:

[...]

Cats have a highly developed sense of smell and excellent hearing.
Why would he not understand why she was sitting there?

Jo

Old September 12th 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"MLB" wrote in message

Yowie wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbHS4YJOMc&NR=1

Amazing!

BTW - there was a aweful lot of water in that pan. Is that normal?

Yowie

When ou said "pan" did you mean the toilet? If so, the answer is
yes. MLB

Pan= where the business goes.
Bowl= the ceramic part
Cistern= the water storage & delivery system
Toilet= the whole structure

There's only a small amount of water, right down the bottom of our toilets.
Maybe less risk of splashback?

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old September 12th 09, 08:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Default Human Litterboxes (was Cat Using toilet and toilet paper)

"Yowie" wrote in message
"MLB" wrote in message

Yowie wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbHS4YJOMc&NR=1

Amazing!

BTW - there was a aweful lot of water in that pan. Is that
normal?

Yowie

When ou said "pan" did you mean the toilet? If so, the answer
is
yes. MLB

Pan= where the business goes.
Bowl= the ceramic part
Cistern= the water storage & delivery system
Toilet= the whole structure

There's only a small amount of water, right down the bottom of
our toilets. Maybe less risk of splashback?

Toilets are fascinating pieces of engineering, and the different
designs around the world can be somewhat confusing.

The USofA seem to use bowls with a higher water level in the pan
than those in the UK. In much of Europe, there's a 'shelf' on the
front inside edge of the bowl where business is deposited (for
inspection?) before flushing, and not straight into the standing
water of the S-(or U-)bend vapour trap.

Much of the [human] world sees defaecation as a normal bodily
function that is a great indicator of health (or otherwise), and
in less developed countries, defaecation in public is seen as
nothing unusual (particularly with children). In my opinion, we
have a somewhat strange and prudish attitude in the UK. Our
'bathrooms' are often placed at almost inaccessible parts of
public buildings, and eliminating is seen as something to be
hidden. It's something we all have to do, so why hide it?

If you're seriously (or strangely?) interested in this, and I
don't mean in a perverse way, there's the wonderful
http://www.poopreport.com

--
MatSav

Poll OT Toilet paper tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 30 November 9th 08 11:53 AM
Toilet Paper Eater Jan Harris Cats - misc 4 April 9th 05 06:06 PM
a strip of toilet paper and yepp Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 05 05:25 PM
Toilet Paper John Biltz Cat anecdotes 11 August 17th 03 08:41 PM
toilet paper 2 Byron & Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 5 August 17th 03 04:09 AM