Purrs for Junior please

Old October 25th 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Purrs for Junior please

Junior is one of the neighborhood cats, and probably the son of
Scooter who recently joined my household. He is everyone's favorite
cat, friendly and a great personality. Serene, one of my neighbors,
has sort of adopted him and he's been living part-time in her house
and sometimes insisting on going out on the street.

She took him to North Shore Animal Hospital for his first physical
exam in preparation to getting him neutered and after he was done he
got out of the carrier in the parking lot and ran off. They tried to
get him back for an hour and finally gave up. Everyone is in tears.

The North Shore people are putting out traps and food but the poor boy
has never been outside our neighborhood and has no idea what to do. We
do have hope that he will be trapped and returned but can sure use
some purrs. Thanks.

Old October 25th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

"dgk" wrote in message
Junior is one of the neighborhood cats, and probably the son of
Scooter who recently joined my household. He is everyone's favorite
cat, friendly and a great personality. Serene, one of my neighbors,
has sort of adopted him and he's been living part-time in her house
and sometimes insisting on going out on the street.

She took him to North Shore Animal Hospital for his first physical
exam in preparation to getting him neutered and after he was done he
got out of the carrier in the parking lot and ran off. They tried to
get him back for an hour and finally gave up. Everyone is in tears.

The North Shore people are putting out traps and food but the poor boy
has never been outside our neighborhood and has no idea what to do. We
do have hope that he will be trapped and returned but can sure use
some purrs. Thanks.

Smudgie is purring up a storm that Junior is caught and returned asap.

Sharon

Old October 25th 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

dgk wrote:
Junior is one of the neighborhood cats, and probably the son of
Scooter who recently joined my household. He is everyone's favorite
cat, friendly and a great personality. Serene, one of my neighbors,
has sort of adopted him and he's been living part-time in her house
and sometimes insisting on going out on the street.

She took him to North Shore Animal Hospital for his first physical
exam in preparation to getting him neutered and after he was done he
got out of the carrier in the parking lot and ran off. They tried to
get him back for an hour and finally gave up. Everyone is in tears.

The North Shore people are putting out traps and food but the poor boy
has never been outside our neighborhood and has no idea what to do. We
do have hope that he will be trapped and returned but can sure use
some purrs. Thanks.

Purrs for Junior to be found. How far away is North Shore Animal Hospital?

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 25th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purrs and prayers that Junior finds his way back home SOON!

Lily & her mama

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old October 25th 10, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

GYFBH purrs are on the way - hopefully he'll be found, cats have been known
to have amazing "homing" skills, so looking for him in your neighborhood
also might be a good idea.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 25th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:47:23 +0100, Adrian wrote:

dgk wrote:
[...]

Good question. I think Serene meant the North Shore Animal League so
that would be maybe 20 miles or so. There are some other North Shore
Animal Hospitals but those seem to be more generic clinics and there
would be no reason to choose them over the local vets .

I wanted to go there yesterday to search for him but Serene said that
it was pointless. The apparently chased him through yards and fences
and such and lost him.

I was in the middle of trapping the other neighborhood cats. I may go
tomorrow. as my big TNR project reaches fruition (eight cats go to the
mobile ASPCA van in the morning) so I'm taking the day off and I can
go look. Still, I just took a look at the arial view and it doesn't
look promising to find a cat there.
Old October 25th 10, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for Junior and for all who care about him.

--

Joy

It takes a harsh and cruel drought to sort the weaker saplings out.
It makes room for stronger trees; maybe that's what life's about.

- John Williamson, Galleries of Pink Gallahs"

Old October 26th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Purrs being sent for success in recapturing Junior - please keep us posted.
I can only guess how hard and frustrating this must be.
Christine

Old October 26th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:19:35 -0400, dgk wrote:

Junior is one of the neighborhood cats, and probably the son of
Scooter who recently joined my household. He is everyone's favorite
cat, friendly and a great personality. Serene, one of my neighbors,
has sort of adopted him and he's been living part-time in her house
and sometimes insisting on going out on the street.

She took him to North Shore Animal Hospital for his first physical
exam in preparation to getting him neutered and after he was done he
got out of the carrier in the parking lot and ran off. They tried to
get him back for an hour and finally gave up. Everyone is in tears.

The North Shore people are putting out traps and food but the poor boy
has never been outside our neighborhood and has no idea what to do. We
do have hope that he will be trapped and returned but can sure use
some purrs. Thanks.

My worst nightma having a cat get lost, and not knowing where
it is

Junior has some 'street smarts', so that will help some....but I'm sure
he's terrified, the poor little boy

Purrs on the way for Junior to GYFBH, ASAP!

I hope he will be found in a trap, very soon.

Don't give up hope: Sharon got Smudgie back after 2 MONTHS, IIRC!!!

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein