Trew or False

Old April 18th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default Trew or False

If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

Old April 18th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

Cats fed on a "human" diet would go blind and then die for lack of taurine.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 18th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 18 Apr, 13:07, Barry wrote:
If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

Mine get fed meat scraps of the plates, but they do turn their noses
up at anything else they are offered. In fact one of them (Belle),
won't eat anything expect the odd bite or two of wet cat food..Her
main diet is dried Pets @ Home complete..
Who's cat turns away fresh chicken...?
Belle is the only cat I have ever been owned by that won't even try
it!!?
S;o)

Old April 18th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 18 Apr, 13:07, Barry wrote:
If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

I feed our cats meat left over from meals.. they turn their noses up
at the rest of it. In fact I have one cat who won't go near cooked
meat at all, Belle...she will tolerate a few bites of kitty chunks now
and again, but that is it....
She eats Pets @ Home dry complete, & nothing else... if she gets the
choice
S;o)

Old April 18th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

Cats fed on a "human" diet would go blind and then die for lack of
taurine.

He knows this. That's what really makes me ill.

Old April 18th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On Apr 18, 8:07 am, Barry wrote:
If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

Cats, unlike humans and dogs, are obligate carnivores. They're more
different from us than any other domestic animal. A cat fed a healthy-
for-humans (healthy-for-dogs) diet would first go blind and then die--
lack of taurine, most notably but not exclusively. A certain amount
of roughage aids digestion of the meat, but they don't get nutrition
directly from the vegetable matter. You're not "feeding" your cats
table scrap vegetables; you're OFFERING this garbage to them, and
they're sensibly refusing it.

Lis

Old April 18th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Barry" wrote in message
oups.com...
If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

Cats fed on a "human" diet would go blind and then die for lack of
taurine.

He knows this. That's what really makes me ill.

Yeah, I know, but it's worth repeating in case someone unfamiliar with cats
reads this.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 18th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
He knows this. That's what really makes me ill.

Yeah, I know, but it's worth repeating in case someone unfamiliar with
cats reads this.

I wasn't criticizing you, CN. When Barry puts a stupid question out there,
of course you have to answer it. Just the fact that he raised it might mean
to some people that there's nothing wrong with feeding their cats what
they eat--onions and all, no taurine and all. Despite the fact that there is
an entire industry built upon the fact that cats have different nutritional
needs.

Old April 18th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
body sweat

On Apr 18, 12:38 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Barry" wrote in message
groups.com...
If we can eat it and live on it, cats can eat it and live on it.

Meghan feeds her cats veggies.. WE ALL DO

cornmeal.

I think the real picture here is... cats won't eat squash because they
prefer the turkey giblets in gravy...

I am starting to feed my cats table scrap veggies... I have to admit,
they just let them lay there.
Jupiter will pick up a few pieces and toss them up... but.. no go.

Cats fed on a "human" diet would go blind and then die for lack of
taurine.

He knows this. That's what really makes me ill.

Yeah, I know, but it's worth repeating in case someone unfamiliar with cats
reads this.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thank you CN, nooo, I didn't know that about taurine.

Well, for real.. it's not that often, but if they like peas.. that's
ok ain't it?
We talking table scraps.

Then.. ever time I cook ribs and stuff they get the big bones to
woller.

Old April 18th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
body sweat

On Apr 18, 12:30 pm, Lis wrote:
On Apr 18, 8:07 am, Barry wrote:

[...]

you're ignorant.

So far, Sheelagh and CatNipped are the only ones who post with a
"normal" non-judgmental reply.

What's wrong Lis? or do I even need to guess

false heat JB Cat anecdotes 1 July 8th 05 06:57 PM
My cat hid my false teeth bigbadbarry Cat health & behaviour 26 May 11th 05 08:11 PM
False alarm door bell Don Willson Cat anecdotes 28 January 5th 05 09:33 PM
kittens: false alarm! (UPDATE) Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 28 June 1st 04 04:57 AM
Swiffer Wetjet Rumor is False PawsForThought Cat health & behaviour 87 May 17th 04 10:06 PM