Too young to catch mice?

Old November 24th 08, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Too young to catch mice?

On Nov 22, 9:19*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:

I think most of the regs here agree with you on that and provide stimulating
indoor environments. *I have 4 indoor cats and 2 mice. *Even the mice have a
stimulating environment that changes every time I clean the tank. * The cats
have more stuff than I do, and everything is very thought out.

That sort of thought would be the exception in the universe of keeping
pets, sadly.

It is just that when I see a couple of self-righteous, largely
ignorant, entirely thoughtless fools tee off on an individual for
asking a perfectly innocent question, I have to wonder as to their
motives. They are certainly not towards enlightenment on the care and
feeding of cats. Otherwise, I would have sat on my fingers and lurked
as is my wont.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old August 13th 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
John Doe

This troll, like the patently offensive "cybercat" he defends,
uses the pretense "I love cats" as an excuse to insult others here.

From: "Matthew" iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Too young to catch mice?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:26:48 -0500

that looks just like my LIMO
meghanwh gmail.com wrote in message
news:6917db8b-807d-4907-a9c8-d19c5dd0e38e w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
We got a kitten to catch the mice in the house. He's about 12 weeks
old or so. The vet has recommended that he stay indoors, so he's not
getting any practice hunting outside at all. He loves to chase the
laser and play with little foam balls, and we have one of those little
mice that hangs on an elastic string that goes over the door that he
also loves. The problem is that in the 3 weeks since we got him the
mice have apparently gotten much bolder. The other night one ran right
by his food dish and this morning a mouse stood up on his hind legs
when it saw my roommate! The cat is never around when the mice are,
they seem to be coming from behind the stove or under the fridge and
he does spend some time sniffing around there and looking around
there, but he certainly hasn't chased or caught anything. Is he too
young for us to expect him to catch the mice? Or is there anything I
can do to help teach him?

Nope but you can take him back to wher you got him and call an exterminator
than stop being a complete idiot

Old August 13th 09, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
cybercat

From: "Matthew" iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:26:48 -0500

[...]

Mark, you are responding to a post from November 2008. Save yourself some
trouble and go back on your meds.

Old August 13th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"Cheryl" wrote:

wrote in message

Having cats choose to live with you is not an easy road to
take. But the efforts, when taken, are more than worth it.
Those efforts not taken are nothing less than cruel.

I think most of the regs here agree with you on that and provide
stimulating indoor environments.

Just visiting, but Yup.

My cats have the outside sounds (thanks to an infant room monitor
with the microphone stuck outside), a view through a window
(closed during the summer), and a skyway where they regularly hang
out. They are provided with the things I perceive that the animals
would like to have, mainly exercise and stimulation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/3190773594/

FWIW. I always take in strays and as a rule I like to feel that
their environment is better with me than it would be outside. I
keep them from getting outside... But one good objective test IMO
is when you open the door, do they stay inside or do they run out
the door. If they get outside by chance/accident, how long before
they come back inside. My feral female would probably bolt/flee at
least for a while, but that is because she has some serious mental
illness (real live paranoia).

Good luck and have fun.
Old August 13th 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
John Doe

"cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com wrote:

Mark, you are responding to a post from November 2008. Save yourself some
trouble

You need attention, CyberTroll, I can be your attention giver
for at least a little while.

and go back on your meds.

The mentally ill typically have better manners than you, CyberTroll.

From: "cybercat" cyberpurrs yahoo.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:22:32 -0400

Old August 13th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"cybercat" wrote:

wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote:

you actually have a lot to learn about cats

Absolutely. Every day, a bit more. But I am not blind to their
needs and nature as you appear to be - OK, perhaps 'blind' is
an imprecise word but it is either that or denial.

It is not that you have a lot to learn, it is that you are a
moron.

You claim to think cats are the greatest, JudgeMental, and yet you
pretend to know everything about them. No one can post a familiar
problem without ridicule or insult from you, because "everything
there is to know has already been discussed". But in fact, new
things are learned every day, and the things you think are well
known can change. Besides, JudgeMental, maybe people just want to
talk and enjoy themselves without your insults.
Old August 13th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

Default Mark Bender Stalks Again was Too young to catch mice?

"John Doe" wrote in message

Then they, and you, can use a killfile, you sick mother****er.

Old August 13th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_3_]

From: "Matthew" iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:26:48 -0500

[...]

Can you believe that post was almost a year ago? Time is moving too fast.

Old August 13th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

I am just reading the group and posting on subjects of interest,
JudgeMental, the stalking thing comes from your big ego.

Mice Bryce Cat health & behaviour 5 June 25th 08 07:38 PM
Cat wants me to eat mice ... Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 8 August 29th 05 05:38 PM
bed mice Kevin Lee Cat health & behaviour 3 May 27th 05 02:31 AM
Young cat can't catch his breath after play? Al Puzzuoli Cat health & behaviour 10 March 8th 05 12:03 AM