Caring about wild cats

Old November 6th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Caring about wild cats

Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 5:20 PM):
"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 3:36 PM):
"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 9:44 PM):
"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):
"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
You're allowing them to
reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the
kittens.
Kittens are no problem!

Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.

My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.

As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to
be
heard from again.

They were picked up. They were adopted.
Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.

::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::

Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!

Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If
they were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They
could have died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs,
attacked by kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have
died, than that they would have a happy ending.
That is the assumption people make, that things that happen away from
total view happen in such a way as to support their point of view.

And how is that not exactly what you're doing?

I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those
who hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.

Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.
Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.

Ok, then, please give it up. Pretty clear she's not going to change
your mind, and you are not going to change her's (or mine).

We can agree to disagree. FWIW, you lost a lot of points with me when
you refused Phil P.'s offer of assistance. If you truly cared about
your colony (if it even exists), you would have taken Phil's assistance.
Those of us who have been here for a while know Phil and his work with
ferals well.
Would you give your address out over the Internet to someone you just
met?

It's amazing that you expect me to know everything.

Actually, if you wanted to you could have worked something out - given the
addy of a local shelter, for example.

It would get stolen there.

And, yes I have. When I was posted overseas and needed parts for my
truck, someone on the truck's forum offered to send me the parts. We were
both very careful in the beginning (the part I needed was worth less than
$10), but had a good working relationship for years, he sending me parts
when I needed them, I'd send a little touristy gift with my check. It was
a very useful relationship, actually. Not everyone here is deviant and a
predator.

You've got to realize that those of this group almost without exception
have a less than favorable opinion of me. Any one of which would love
to post my personal home address up for all to see.

And I thought I was paranoid. This is Usenet. Most people could care a
rat's ass about you personally, and wouldn't bother posting stuff - the
people who do that sort of crap are few and far between. And it's not
like I suggested posting your address *here*. You ignored that I
suggested working through a shelter - not your personal home address.

I understand your caution, but... whatever.

jmc
Old November 6th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Of course I'm paranoid. Look at how practically every person on this group
attacked me. Wouldn't you be?

But as a wise person once told me, "Just because your paranoid
doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

Old November 6th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"jmc" wrote
I understand your caution, but... whatever.

He's a troll and an idiot. And has delusions of grandeur, too. What a prize
package.

Old November 6th 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"cybercat" wrote in message

"jmc" wrote
I understand your caution, but... whatever.

He's a troll and an idiot. And has delusions of grandeur, too. What a
prize package.

Better stop hating or it's going to eat you up from the inside.
Better stop frowning, or your face will grow that way.

Old November 7th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

On Nov 3, 1:22*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Phil P." wrote in message
I'd really like to help you with neighborhood cats. *If you let me know
where you're located I'll bring over a few 20# bags and a few cases of cat
food. *Only the good stuff.

Marry me, Phil. Oh no, wait, I am already married.

I'm sure he would be glad to be set free of you, even though
he's been neutered; maybe he could grow them back.

Old November 7th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"calvin"

snipped

Huh still see you can't let things go either Move on will you

Old November 7th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"calvin"

snipped

Huh still see you can't let things go either Move on will you

It's good for the infants to vent, Maffew.

WILD Halloween cats! Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 3 November 1st 08 10:03 PM
Stray Wild Cats DanaD Cats - misc 1 April 8th 07 01:16 AM
cats gone wild on the 'nip' yepp Cat anecdotes 3 May 13th 05 12:39 PM
If you like wild cats, don't miss this... Zorin the Lynx Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 05 03:30 PM