Cat Condo

Old October 26th 03, 01:14 AM
Stacey Sharpe

Default Cat Condo

Hi all!

Ocassionally we bring Moogie over to my parents to play with their Siamese,
Tucker. Tucker has a small "condo" that Dad built for him that consists of
two 2-foot square boxes about a couple feet apart from each other, stacked,
sitting on a counter top. It's fully carpeted with indoor/outdoor carpet.
Tucker adores it. So did Moogie. Everytime we go over, Moogie claims it as
his own, playing in it and snoozing in it.

I've been asking Dad to build me a cat tree for ages. All it took was one
cute kitten snoozing in that condo for him to finally do it. So I'm getting
the same thing, albeit 4 boxes instead of two, standing about 5 feet from
floor to top (I don't have a counter top to set the smaller version on).
Moogie is going to love it, as I'm sure the other three will as well.
Hopefully he'll bring it over tomorrow so I can send pics to catslaves for
your viewing pleasure. The nice thing is, it only costs about $40 all
told!!!!

Stacey

40 US Dollar = 34.02228 Euro
57.17553 Australian Dollar
52.29200 Canadian Dollar
1,596.68 Thai Baht
1,362.80 Taiwan Dollar
52.54000 Swiss Franc
308.960 Swedish Krona

Old October 26th 03, 01:22 AM

Stacey Sharpe wrote:

I've been asking Dad to build me a cat tree for ages. All it took was one
cute kitten snoozing in that condo for him to finally do it.

The rescue organization I'm working with has decided to build some cat
furniture to sell as a fundraiser. I've been on the construction team and
have been having a good time, as well as learning a lot. I"ve done simple
carpentry for years, but becuase I'm not formally trained, I rarely attempt
to do something I couldn't figure out on my own. On this project, I've
learned how to carpet plywood to make a platform, how to attach the
platforms to the branches (oh, these cat trees use *real* tree boughs!),
and how to make it sturdy and well-supported. So at some point, I'm going
to make one for my kitties. But I think it'll have to be when I move to
a larger place - this apartment is too small and I have noplace to put one!

40 US Dollar = 34.02228 Euro
57.17553 Australian Dollar
52.29200 Canadian Dollar
1,596.68 Thai Baht
1,362.80 Taiwan Dollar
52.54000 Swiss Franc
308.960 Swedish Krona

Did you do these calculations by hand, or is there a site where you can
plug in the amounts and it'll do the exchange amounts? (which must change
constantly...)

Joyce
Old October 26th 03, 06:05 AM
jmcquown

Stacey Sharpe wrote:
[...]

Cats do love their condos, don't they? Persia has a small one, with a
cradle and a barrel, carpeted. She snoozes in the kitty cradle and it
reminds me of that song "The cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon..."

Jill

Old October 26th 03, 10:19 AM
polonca12000

I'm sure your kitties will love it! Looking forward to the pics.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip Hopefully he'll bring it over tomorrow so I can send pics to