I'm so worried right now....

Old February 7th 05, 12:41 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 06 Feb 2005 05:52:45a, Carrie-Lou Salter wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Purrs please. Molly my kitten is here purring and kneading, but
she would like some help if possible.

My 2 year old boy Casey has had problems going to the bathroom
all day Saturday (yesterday), and I am going to have to take him
into the vet as soon as they open at 8am this morning (Sunday).
I haven't seen him do either in a day, and he's now limping
around and growling and crying.... and hiding under the bed...

I hope he's going to be ok...

Carrie

PS. I feel like a bad cat mommy for not taking him yesterday
when i noticed he wasn't going to the bathroom...

Late purrs for Casey and I hope he's much better by now. Don't feel
like a bad mommy for this. It's something learned by the best and
you just don't expect something like that to happen.

Sending best wishes and comforting purrs for you both.

--
Cheryl
Old February 7th 05, 12:43 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 06 Feb 2005 02:51:31p, Carrie-Lou Salter wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I'm still waiting to hear more about what cause the blockage,
but they've done the catheter now and they said that his urine
was pretty bloody...

And thank god, I also got approved for the medicard...

Great on the medicard. Purrs continuing!!

--
Cheryl
Old February 7th 05, 02:13 AM
Lucy's Mom

Many purrs coming your way.... If it's stones, many times a special
diet will do the trick, I'm told. We'll be keeping you and Casey in
our purrs and prayers. Keep us informed!

--Kim, Eric, Lucy, Tiger and Casper

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:27:20 -0500, "Carrie-Lou Salter"
wrote:

Ok, I just got back from the vet.

Casey is still there.

He did have a blockage of some sort pertaining to his bladder. They're not
going to be sure what it is until they do the cather and xray and stuff to
see if it was stones or what it was.

I'm just about to leave again to go to fax my paystub, as I have to apply
for a "medicard" to help pay for the vet, as it could be over $1000 by the
time it's all said and done.

But I can't lose my baby without a fight.

I'm very happy about the vet though, they were very very good. I would
recommend them to anybody in Toronto. (Royal York Animal Hospital -
www.ryah.ca)

More purrs please that Casey makes it through this ok and is back home with
his ever-loving mommy.

I'll update again when I know more.

Thanks for the purrs, he's felt them I'm sure.

Carrie

Old February 7th 05, 06:08 AM
Krista

Carrie-Lou Salter wrote:
[...]

I didn't see your original post until the same time as I'm reading this
update; I'm glad you got him to the vet on time, and we're sending
full-recovery purrs his way.

------
Krista

Old February 7th 05, 10:45 AM
Adrian

Carrie-Lou Salter wrote:
Purrs please. Molly my kitten is here purring and kneading, but she
would like some help if possible.

My 2 year old boy Casey has had problems going to the bathroom all day
Saturday (yesterday), and I am going to have to take him into the vet
as soon as they open at 8am this morning (Sunday). I haven't seen him
do either in a day, and he's now limping around and growling and
crying.... and hiding under the bed...

I hope he's going to be ok...

Carrie

Purrs that Casey's problem is easily sorted.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 7th 05, 02:31 PM
CatNipped

"Carrie-Lou Salter" wrote in message

sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly
used
up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Carrie, if you would post the name and phone number of your vet, I can
send
a little to help with Marble's treatment.

I'm not sure of the name of the specific vet that was looking after Casey,
as there are a few that work in the clinic where I took him.

Address: Royal York Animal Hosptital 4222 Dundas St. West Toronto, Ontario
M8X 1Y6
Phone Number: 416-231-9293
Fax Number: 416-231-9457
Email:

He is registered under my name (Carrie-Lou Salter).

I appreciate more than you know just the thought of helping me.

((HUGS))

Carrie

OK, thanks! I'm sorry it couldn't be more, but I know that every little bit
helps.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 7th 05, 07:58 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-06, Carrie-Lou Salter penned:

More purrs please that Casey makes it through this ok and is back home with
his ever-loving mommy.

I'll update again when I know more.

Thanks for the purrs, he's felt them I'm sure.

I just saw this and your original post. Many purrs for your Casey.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old February 7th 05, 11:52 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Carrie-Lou Salter wrote:
LOL, don't worry about the name mixup.. s'ok..

I'm still waiting to hear more about what cause the blockage, but
they've done the catheter now and they said that his urine was pretty
bloody...

And thank god, I also got approved for the medicard...

Carrie

Purrs for Casey Carrie-Lou its amazing what vets can do these days.

{{{{{{{{{{{Carrie}}}}}}}}}}

Still more purrs coming. I was out of town (Persia was being boarded)
when
the vet called me (on a Friday NIGHT!) to ask if he could do an X-ray since
it was her 3rd UTI in 6 months. I was still out of town the next day when
he gave me the results and asked approval for her surgery. Of course I
was
worried sick but he kept me constantly updated. She's just fine, but she
does have to eat special food. And they arranged a payment plan for me.
We
don't have a medicard for vet bills down here and many vets won't even
accept pet insurance (which I find weird).

Casey will be fine; I feel it in my bones.

Jill

Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old February 8th 05, 01:13 AM
Christina Websell

"Carrie-Lou Salter" wrote in message
Thanks for the good wishes Annie.

The medicard is basically like a credit card/loan from what I can tell,
that another company finances you, and pays the full bill (minus the large
depost I put on before I left today), and then I get to pay the bill back
in payments.

Carrie

Now you may not believe this, but my friend in Michigan misunderstood
something I said a few days ago. Anyway, not to go into too many details
about it, he sent me a 20 dollar American bill. It looks like funny money
to me! I don't want it, so I have emailed your vet - I know you are in
Canada - to ask them if they will accept this $20 towards Casey's treatment.
If so, I will send it to them in the mail.
Oh, yes, I know I could have taken it to my bank and exchanged it for
English pounds towards the postage on the book I want to send to Bob. But
hey! Now I've eventually got back to work, I can afford to send Bob the
book he wants, and I've asked him and he doesn't want the money back.
So I have a $20 dollar bill that I can't do anything with. If your vet will
agree to have American money, please accept this towards Casey's treatment
and I will mail it to them if they say yes, and you don't mind.
One day I might need help myself.

Purrs that he soon recovers.

Tweed