[NASTY STUFF ALERT] What kind of idiot responds to a message...

Old October 20th 04, 12:37 AM
Annie Wxill

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 18 Oct 2004 09:00:50a, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

....] Some of you may have noticed I don't post anymore,
most of you are probably glad or don't care one way or the other.

.... --
Cheryl
/unsubscribing

Cheryl,
I, for one, have missed you. I'm sad to see you go.
Annie

Old October 20th 04, 02:08 AM
Yowie

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 18 Oct 2004 09:00:50a, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

"Bobcat" wrote in message
. ..

I've heard privately from someone else in this newsgroup
(rec.pets.cats.anecdotes) and have apologized to them for
crossposting. Further, I think a group apology is required, so
this is it. Sorry. My only reason is that I have an aversion to
persons - especially trolls - who attempt to disconcert readers
of cat newsgroups for their own warped pleasure, and was
expressing my aversion of them to those readers.
Bobcat

We always welcome a chance to share recipes! ; (Other groups
trimmed from this message - YAY I remembered this time!!!)

Hugs,

CatNipped

I see you took the opportunity to snipe on my sarcasm about
recipes. My intent wasn't to put down trollbques. Not in the
least. I like em, and have read some recipes I'd never see
elsewhere, and laughed at what probably confused the troll being
torched. My point was that some of you enjoy a good flamefest as
much as the groups you profess to dislike and it was even more
evident when a reg crossposted a flame. I admire Bobcat for the
apology and IMO it should have been left at that but you just
can't resist posting a subtle jab at my expense. I think honesty
is refreshing, in this group in particular. [the rest is not for
you Catnipped] Some of you may have noticed I don't post anymore,
most of you are probably glad or don't care one way or the other.
I've been reading, we've been sending silent purrs for those in
need, and smiled over the happy news, but I've also seen attitude
that I've never witnessed in this group before. Maybe because I've
only posted for 2 years, and maybe there was more of this before,
but the side-stepping flaming surprises me. Maybe my own attitude
has changed, but I dare any of you to imagine having a
life-changing tragedy that doesn't bring you out of it on the
other side the same person you were before. I've always liked this
group. I'm sad to have to leave it, but most of you don't treat me
the same anymore, or even seem to care about me. I never thought
I'd think that about you. Thank you for the past, and the cards,
and being with me when I needed you then.

Whoa!

I don't know if there's anything going on "behind the scenes" but I don't
understand where this is coming from. I didn't see any snipe from anyone,
just a mention that the group as a whole appreciates recipes (don't we?)
Perhaps I missed something but if it was said to me, I wouldn't consider it
sniping, I would have considered it *support*.

As to treating you differently, well, yes, perhaps we do. But not because we
are trying to eject you, but because we are trying to be sensitive to your
feelings. After hearing the news about Eve and mourning her loss, and
supporting Grace and her family, I think the group's thoughts quickly turned
toward you and realised that they news of Eve probably hit you harder than
anyone else (besides Grace of course) in the whole newsgroup. Purrs were
directed to you as well, knowing that the news of Eve would probably trigger
painful memories and we wanted to support you as well. Yes, that is treating
you differently, if Eric hadn't died purrs wouldn't have been directed at
you so yes, that is treating you differently than before, but its not
because we don't want you here or because we don't care. Its the exact
opposite. That we purred for you as well surely shows that we were thinking
of you, that we cared about you.

Quite frankly, I find it very hard to know what to say to someone who has
gone through a tragedy like you & Grace have. I fear saying the worng thing
and triggering off another bout of horrid, painful feelings and memories. I
fear saying something that was meant in love and support, but it being
received in anguish and pain. So often I figure its safer saying nothing but
letting the mourning person know I'm there to talk if and when the mourning
person is ready. I'm surely not the only person who is like that. Doesn't
mean we don't care, it means we *do* care, but don't know what to do in case
we hurt you more

No, this group is not the same as it was two years ago. Its not the same as
it was yesterday, or even an hour ago. People move on, get busy etc etc. I
know I haven't posted a cat anecdote in ages, because i haven't had the time
to sit and write it, not because Shmogg is no longer a B*st*rd C*t (far from
it, his orn grows every day). Some of our gifted writers has moved, but
others have joined in. Its still a great group, just not the same as it was
2 years ago. Your life has also changed, very dramatically. I'm sure people
here would join with you if there was a way we could change your life back
to what it was. I would. I'd bring back Eric, Eve, I'd bring back JEM and
AlohaBonita. I'd bring back Traveller, The Dust, and all the other cats I
have mourned in this group in the six years I've been reading. I'd bring
back all the loved ones of all th epeople everywhere if I could. But you
can't, I can't, we can't, no-one can. We can't change whats happened. We can
only go on with whats left, and hopefully embrace the new, without it
replacing the old.

If you leave, you'll be making another change. Thats your choice of course.
And thats a choice you *can* change later on. If you do come back, it won't
be the same group that you left, but it will be similar, and you will be
welcomed back.

Yeah, perhaps we've been insentive, said the wrong things, not said the
right things, but not out of malice. We're just humans, we screw up, but we
don't intend to. In fact, I think this group's intentions are always good
and kind even if we get it spectacularly wrong sometimes. I hope you can
find it in your heart one day to forgive the hurts we have inadvertantly
given you, and understand that we intended them to be warm fuzzies even if
you got them as cold pricklies, but in the mean time, I guess all we can
wish you is that you stay safe and well, and that you will be missed here,
even if you don't believe you will be.

May the purr be with you, always.

Yowie

Old October 20th 04, 02:30 AM
CatNipped

"Yowie" wrote in message

[...]

Yowie, you've rendered me speechless because you said it all. I truly hope
Cheryl will come back and read your post, it was lovely, thanks!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 20th 04, 03:14 AM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
May the purr be with you, always.

What she said.

Victor, who is a big fan of Yowie cuz she always knows just the right
thing to say and has the best way of saying it.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he