short Princess/Furby update

Old December 6th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

Default short Princess/Furby update

The integration into the existing crew seems to be going well. I'm
still keeping them separate except for when I'm there to supervise,
but other than some hissing there have been no problems. Spotty is
curious about the newcomers. The other night she got upset with Furby
when Furby climber into the cat tube that Spot has claimed as her
favorite napping place. She chased Furby out and climbed inside to
check for kitten damage, and Furby had the audacity to try to climb
inside with her. That got a hiss and swat from Spot, which tat Spot a
hiss from Princess, but Princess wasn't to upset with Spot and stayed
on the bed. Sammy has yet to approach either newby, she hisses when
she sees Princess and watches Furby closely. LB, as always, is being
difficult and stubborn with anything that changes her space. She
leaves the room whenever she sees the new ones, and carefully checks
the room when she enters to make sure they're not hiding.

Nothing much to report with Princess. She's recovering from the spay
without any problems. Still eating like she's not real confidant that
the food supply isn't going to dry up.

Furby is the one who has changed the most, which I guess is to be
expected. She's no longer a wild kitten that hides whenever she sees
me. It's gotten to the point where I have to watch my step, because
she might be right there waiting to be picked up. A couple nights ago
I was standing in my underwear at the sink. She decided she had been
waiting to be picked up long enough, so she started climbing my bare
leg ;-) So I picked her up and she watched fascinated as I finished up
brushing my teeth and shaving.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

Old December 7th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-12-06 16:51:09 -0600, Steve Touchstone said:

[...]

AAAWWWWwwwww. Wow. Sounds like integration is going really well!! They
are just all so cute!

Old December 7th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
[...]

Isn't it amazing to find such a loving and trusting domestic cat hiding
inside a wild feral kitten?

Jo

Old December 7th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:

Furby is the one who has changed the most, which I guess is to be
expected. She's no longer a wild kitten that hides whenever she sees
me. It's gotten to the point where I have to watch my step, because
she might be right there waiting to be picked up. A couple nights ago
I was standing in my underwear at the sink. She decided she had been
waiting to be picked up long enough, so she started climbing my bare
leg ;-) So I picked her up and she watched fascinated as I finished up
brushing my teeth and shaving.

Eeek! Glad you're taking it in your stride, Steve. Furby sounds like a
charming little girl. Glad also to hear the integration is going so
well. Purrs for peace to reign at Chateau Touchstone.

--
Marina
Old December 7th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Steve Touchstone wrote:

Furby is the one who has changed the most, which I guess is to be
expected. She's no longer a wild kitten that hides whenever she sees
me. It's gotten to the point where I have to watch my step, because
she might be right there waiting to be picked up. A couple nights ago
I was standing in my underwear at the sink. She decided she had been
waiting to be picked up long enough, so she started climbing my bare
leg ;-) So I picked her up and she watched fascinated as I finished up
brushing my teeth and shaving.

YOu remind me of a friend of mine, who thought it was so
cute when his new kitten would climb up his trouser legs to
perch on his shoulder - until the day he was standing naked
in front of the mirror shaving, and..... (OUCH!)
Old December 7th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

YOu remind me of a friend of mine, who thought it was so
cute when his new kitten would climb up his trouser legs to
perch on his shoulder - until the day he was standing naked
in front of the mirror shaving, and..... (OUCH!)

That also reminds me of Harri Roadcat. When I first brought her into the
truck I thought it terribly cute when she climbed up the leg of my jeans
because she was too small to jump all the way to my lap. That cuteness
continued until the weather turned warm and I started wearing shorts
instead of jeans. Then having her climb up my legs became a painful,
bloody experience.