Flying purrs, please?

Old April 27th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Flying purrs, please?

I have to fly to Baltimore for a wedding that was supposed to have been this
fall, until an inlaw came around with a shotgun...you know the old story. We
had less than 3 weeks notice. I'm standing up for her, the only one of her
Buffalo friends who didn't bail on her. And I'm scared of flying. I think i
was Amish in my past life or something, don't want to mess with one of them
contraptions and if the good Lord meant me to fly he'd have given me wings
instead of this oversized tuchas to shlep around. I want to come home to my
husband and my babies (not turn into Lizburgers somewhere over the
Appalacians or Adir5ondacks or whatever those hills are) and will have a hard
time falling asleep without my nightly massage and my morning Brandy Candy
Kisses. Are you all SURE flying is safe? Help! Purr...please?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 27th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:714d813e2e093@uwe...
[...]

Yes, flying is safe, not that telling you that will help if you really have
a phobia. Maybe you could get a tranquilizer from your doctor? Purrs for a
smooth flight with no worries. It's good of you to stand up for your
friend, and you deserve lots of good things as a result.

Joy

Old April 27th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:51:54 +0000, Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

Sending purrs for your "first flight"! MLB

Old April 27th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

My doctor has in effect given me carte blanche where my Valium is concerned
this weekend. I'm facing up to plane-phobia and agoraphobia, for what is more
open a space than the sky? Even at work I essentially demanded a small room
and insist on corner tables and small spaces when I work on my writing.

My biggest worry is for my friend though and that's why I'll be white-
knuckling it; I'm worried she's gotten herself hooked up with a lazy schmuck
who won't get regular work because it'll interfere with his Dungeons &
Dragons games. She's working her own tuchas off and won't take time off for a
honeymoon because right now she's the major supporter of this family-in-the-
making. I don't know which of them to club first once I land
(planesaresafeplanesaresafeplanesaresafeplanesares afe...)

Blessed be,
Baha

Joy wrote:
I have to fly to Baltimore for a wedding that was supposed to have been
this

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Old April 27th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:51:54 GMT, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe
wrote:

[...]

Of course flying's safe....not that telling you that will make a whole
lot of difference. Valium sounds good and be sure to drink a lot of
water, preferably bottled to avoid any digestive issues. Kudo's to
you for going, BTW. Sounds like your friend may need you in the near
future...Hopefully you won't have to be gone for too long...

-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old April 27th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Hon, far safer in the sir than on the ground in a car. My tuchus has
been schlepped in a plane a lot in the last 22 years. My mom and oldest
daughter live in the Louisville KY metro area and I live in NJ, just
outside Newark. Believe me, it's a lot safer in the air than on the
Jersey streets....
Lots of purrs and prayers for you though.
Kathy
Old April 27th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
My doctor has in effect given me carte blanche where my Valium is concerned
this weekend. I'm facing up to plane-phobia and agoraphobia, for what is more
open a space than the sky? Even at work I essentially demanded a small room
and insist on corner tables and small spaces when I work on my writing.

My biggest worry is for my friend though and that's why I'll be white-
knuckling it; I'm worried she's gotten herself hooked up with a lazy schmuck
who won't get regular work because it'll interfere with his Dungeons &
Dragons games. She's working her own tuchas off and won't take time off for a
honeymoon because right now she's the major supporter of this family-in-the-
making. I don't know which of them to club first once I land
(planesaresafeplanesaresafeplanesaresafeplanesares afe...)

Blessed be,
Baha

Hey, aforementioned daughter is living with a schmuck like that - and
her 9 yr. old daughter. He wants to get married, but can't afford
medical insurance for her until the other daughter he's paying child
support on is "grown up". My daughter is on Medicaid, praise
god/desses... She and the schmuck met playing d&d...
Sigh. I'm glad I'm not the only one. At least her schmuck works - she
doesn't, so far...
Purrs for you and your friend....
Kathy
Old April 27th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
I have to fly to Baltimore for a wedding that was supposed to have been this
fall, until an inlaw came around with a shotgun...you know the old story. We
had less than 3 weeks notice. I'm standing up for her, the only one of her
Buffalo friends who didn't bail on her. And I'm scared of flying. I think i
was Amish in my past life or something, don't want to mess with one of them
contraptions and if the good Lord meant me to fly he'd have given me wings
instead of this oversized tuchas to shlep around. I want to come home to my
husband and my babies (not turn into Lizburgers somewhere over the
Appalacians or Adir5ondacks or whatever those hills are) and will have a hard
time falling asleep without my nightly massage and my morning Brandy Candy
Kisses. Are you all SURE flying is safe? Help! Purr...please?

Purrs on the way! When you're on the plane, close your eyes and think of
all the kitties around the world who are purring just for you at that
moment. It helped me with my fear of dentists! The thought of all those
purring kitties just made me want to laugh, and I haven't been afraid of
the dentist since (finding a good dentist was also nice).

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban
Old April 27th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Baha via CatKB.com u18616@uwe wrote:

Are you all SURE flying is safe? Help! Purr...please?

Oh, I hate flying, too. Whenever I have to, I take minor tranks for
the trip. Helps me sleep on long, boring flights, too.

Flying is much safer than driving... but you know that. Think about
all the planes that take off and land every day... hundreds and
hundreds of them, all safely coming and going without incident. The
odds are overwhelmingly in your favor!

Hope this trip is not too trying. You're a real mensch!

Joyce
Old April 27th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:51:54 GMT, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe
yodeled:

[...]

You could take the train?

Well, I've made it out over several continents and oceans and back in
one piece, but thinking too much about it tends to make me a bit
nervous. It's not a terribly long flight, is it? Take plenty of
music/reading material. We're sending you soothing nerve-purrs.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

The Flying Leap Joy Cat anecdotes 3 June 21st 06 03:26 AM
The Flying Leap Karen Cat anecdotes 2 June 20th 06 03:26 AM
The Flying Leap [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 June 19th 06 08:48 PM
Flying purrs? Karen Cat anecdotes 11 May 24th 05 07:26 AM
Flying cats HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 98 January 12th 04 02:08 PM