My cat Bear needs help

Old October 8th 03, 12:36 PM
Teddy

Default My cat Bear needs help

Bear is a 2 yr old black long hair neutered male. He has started
staying out at night lately. I saw him Sat morn and he didn't come home
till Mon afternoon. He doesn't feel well and last night I saw him
straining to poop but no resuts and no sign this morning. I will take
him to the vet today but what could be going on? I have some of that
black charcoal stuff. Should I force him to take some? Thannks

Old October 8th 03, 03:06 PM
Teddy

Thanks I just talked to the vet. She will try to see him this morning.
I have a repair man coming at 9 as the washer quit and I am teaching a
class 2-4. I will take him in as soon as the repair man leaves. The
vet told of a cat that was plugged by a breast milk pad it had eaten.
She will give Bear an enema and then an xray if needed.

Old October 9th 03, 01:03 AM
Barb 1

Please don't force anything on Bear unless the vet advises it. hope you get
to the vet as soon as possible.

--
Barb
I can only please one person a day.

Old October 10th 03, 12:27 PM
Teddy

I had seen Bear pee so I knew it wasn't that. The vet had to give him
several enemas and keep him 2 days and nights. She had a hard time
getting several 'knots' of hard stuff out of him. He's done now and I
will go get him when they open the office. The vet kept asking if he
had been out of water. Bear had been missing 2 days. Would that have
been long enough for this problem? I keep water in both bathrooms, the
garage, front and back porches.