Cav and the Big Thud

Old February 1st 10, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

Default Cav and the Big Thud

All was well last night. So far as I knew, Cav and Annie were on the
beds in the spare room, Ripley was cuddling up to me on the sofa, I
was watching telly, and Ade was in his study playing video games with
his headphones on.

In other words, neither Ade nor I could hear Cav, who had been
accidentally trapped in our bedroom for the last hour and who really,
really needed to get out.

Suddenly, I heard a HUGE thud from upstairs. I ran up and tried to
open the bedroom door, but the carpet had been pulled up and was
blocking the door. Cav was yelling at me, and I managed to force the
door open enough to let him squeeze out. I let him outside, and went
into the bedroom. A large, thick glass vase was on the floor.

Now I can't prove it, but I reckon that cat finally figured out that
we couldn't hear him scratching at the door, and started wondering
what was the biggest noise he could make, before he knocked the
heaviest thing on the windowledge onto the floor. It worked anyway.

Old February 1st 10, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"NettieCat" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like something Kayla would do. When we got her I was
concerned about barking as it had been a problem with two other dogs.
The breeder told me 'my dogs don't bark'.

Well, Kayla doesn't bark. And she has little interest in any sort of
guard duty. She would happily herd sheep, rain or cold or shine, as
long as its not windy. But you'd better get someone else to guard
and protect them.

She also figured out fairly fast that Mommy is deaf. Especially
without that plastic thing next to her ear. So to get my attention
she bypasses the usual and shoves my elbow with her head when she
wants something.

A little unnerving at times since I can't hear her walk up next to
me.

Jo

Old February 2nd 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

every cat i have ever had has figured out in short order i didn't see well
and how bad it was, its to the point that if i approach a chair and don't
check most if not in a totally dead sleep make noises that say, oh fat one
don't sit on me, Lee

Old February 2nd 10, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

NettieCat wrote:
[...]

He's such a smart kitty. Cats are very good at problem solving.

Pam S
Old February 2nd 10, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

NettieCat wrote:
[...]

We could still be on the MENSA thread. :-)

Cats leave pawprints on your heart