Stuck up in a Coconut Tree

Old March 9th 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Norm W.

Default Stuck up in a Coconut Tree

Hi everyone,

Remember the story link I posted about the cat stuck up in a 75 foot
tree? Well, this reminds me of the time our cat was stuck up in a
coconut tree. Our family came in from our remote village into town
and brought "Patches" our calico cat. But at the housing where we
were at, there were dogs in our house yard and in next door's yard.

This would not have been a problem if they were like the village dogs,
which are usually small and half starved and run away from
everything. No...the dogs in these two yards in town were trained
guard dogs. Yikes!!!! The first couple days went okay, because
Patches had never been afraid of any dog. But one night, something
set the guard dogs off and we watched as Patches shot like lightening
across the yard, up the wire mesh fence, leaped into the next yard and
grabbed the coconut tree and scampered all the way to the top frond of
the tree.

From this vantage point, Patches was able to look over both yards, and
now that she saw four ferocious dogs at the bottom, she refused to
come down. For 2 1/2 days she stayed up there. So finally, we had
to have both families hide their dogs and we put out about five cans
of yummy smelling cat food and we blew the odor toward the tree. By
this time, Patches was hungry enough that she started to come down.
But then she would be suspicious and climb back up the tree. It took
at least an hour of up and down and up and down before Patches was
sure that it was finally safe to come to us.

It was a happy reunion, and Patches devoured quite a bit of the cat
food.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Norm
Old March 10th 10, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Mar 8, 10:26*pm, "Norm W." wrote:
[...]

From this vantage point, Patches was able to look over both yards, and
now that she saw four ferocious dogs at the bottom, she refused to
come down. *For 2 1/2 days she stayed up there. * So finally, we had
to have both families hide their dogs and we put out about five cans
of yummy smelling cat food and we blew the odor toward the tree. *By
this time, Patches was hungry enough that she started to come down.
But then she would be suspicious and climb back up the tree. *It took
at least an hour of up and down and up and down before Patches was
sure that it was finally safe to come to us.

It was a happy reunion, and Patches devoured quite a bit of the cat
food.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Norm

Bery skary story.

Stuck up in a Coconut Tree Norm W. Cat anecdotes 5 March 10th 10 12:16 AM
Cat Stuck... Clangnuts Cat health & behaviour 0 March 30th 07 02:39 PM
Cat Stuck... Clangnuts Cat anecdotes 0 March 30th 07 02:39 PM
Fat Cat Gets Stuck mikel Cat anecdotes 8 January 15th 07 05:00 AM
thomas's tree arrives within our coconut after we tease in it [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 11:36 AM