OT. New physiotherapy tomorrow

Old May 28th 11, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT. New physiotherapy tomorrow

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

If I could just get out to get my groceries by myself I'd be so happy.
My car just sits there, on the drive. I cannot drive him because my
shoulder will not allow to get him into 3rd gear.

What about Dial-a-Ride? Seems to be ideally suited for people in your
position:

http://www.leics.gov.uk/new_servicep...me.htm?pid=276

It's a good idea. Currently I am forcing my sister in law who lives not
much than a mile away, to take me shopping once a week.
She finds that, rather than shopping on her own, she loves doing it with
me.
We went today, we spent too much time on getting bargains - she has no
idea how to get bargains and my poor brother had to pick up his youngest
child from a party that she should have done because we were Just Too Late
For That;-)

It sounds as though you're doing your sister in law as much of a favor as
she's doing you. Maybe in the process you can teach her how to get
bargains.

Joy

Old May 28th 11, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

She does not even look at what she spends.
we were both overcharged today, I am alert for this
we got back the overspend was refunded and
£2 voucher each.
Always examine your supermarket receipt.

Old May 28th 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message

What about Dial-a-Ride? Seems to be ideally suited for people in your
position:

http://www.leics.gov.uk/new_servicep...me.htm?pid=276

It's a good idea. Currently I am forcing my sister in law who lives not
much than a mile away, to take me shopping once a week.
She finds that, rather than shopping on her own, she loves doing it with me.

Isn't that great? Sometimes it takes emergency conditions to get people
to be willing to depend on each other. And then they discover to their
surprise that they *enjoy* it. Modern life makes it all too easy for
people to do everything for themselves and *by* themselves (what you would
call "on their own"). Not that I'm any different - I do almost everything
alone and it does get, well, lonely. (I would be a lot more lonely if I
didn't have a purring Roxy curled up in my arms, though.)

We went today, we spent too much time on getting bargains - she has no idea
how to get bargains and my poor brother had to pick up his youngest child
from a party that she should have done because we were Just Too Late For
That;-)

Oh, poooooor guy.

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old May 28th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

At the supermarkets where I shop, the price of each item is visible as it is
rung up.

Joy

Old May 29th 11, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote in message

On May 28, 3:26 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

m...

At the supermarkets where I shop, the price of each item is visible as it
is
rung up.

Joy

Oh, honey...don't rattle my cage bars on *that*. The register readout
is *always*
facing the grocery *employee*, NOT the customer. Yeah, it's visible,
but not
to us.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It's interesting to read about different methods used in different areas.
All of the grocery stores where I have shopped for a number of years have
the registers mounted at an angle so they can easily be read by both the
employee and the customer.

MaryL

Old May 29th 11, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patok[_2_]

MaryL wrote:

wrote in message

On May 28, 3:26 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

At the supermarkets where I shop, the price of each item is visible as
it is
rung up.

Joy

Oh, honey...don't rattle my cage bars on *that*. The register readout
is *always*
facing the grocery *employee*, NOT the customer. Yeah, it's visible,
but not
to us.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It's interesting to read about different methods used in different
areas. All of the grocery stores where I have shopped for a number of
years have the registers mounted at an angle so they can easily be read
by both the employee and the customer.

And the ones that have self-checkout lanes, the price is visible to
the shopper only.

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
*
Old May 29th 11, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 29.5.2011 4:05, MaryL wrote:

It's interesting to read about different methods used in different
areas. All of the grocery stores where I have shopped for a number of
years have the registers mounted at an angle so they can easily be read
by both the employee and the customer.

In most shops here, they are double-sided, so that the cashier sees the
one screen and the other faces the customer.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old May 29th 11, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message

On May 28, 3:26 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
m...

At the supermarkets where I shop, the price of each item is visible as it
is
rung up.

Joy

Oh, honey...don't rattle my cage bars on *that*. The register readout
is *always*
facing the grocery *employee*, NOT the customer. Yeah, it's visible,
but not
to us.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It's interesting to read about different methods used in different areas.
All of the grocery stores where I have shopped for a number of years have
the registers mounted at an angle so they can easily be read by both the
employee and the customer.

MaryL

On ours, I think there is a readout on the register, but there is also a
separate little LED box with the numbers, about an inch high, visible to the
customer.

Joy

Old May 29th 11, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 29/05/2011 11:05 AM, MaryL wrote:

wrote in message

On May 28, 3:26 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
m...

At the supermarkets where I shop, the price of each item is visible as
it is
rung up.

Joy

Oh, honey...don't rattle my cage bars on *that*. The register readout
is *always*
facing the grocery *employee*, NOT the customer. Yeah, it's visible,
but not
to us.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It's interesting to read about different methods used in different
areas. All of the grocery stores where I have shopped for a number of
years have the registers mounted at an angle so they can easily be read
by both the employee and the customer.

Here we even have a screen just for the customer, where a picture of the
item just scanned in appears. There's even a running total so you can
leave the luxuries till last if you don't want to go over your budget.

Yowie
Old May 29th 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 28, 10:04*pm, "Joy" wrote:

On ours, I think there is a readout on the register, but there is also a
separate little LED box with the numbers, about an inch high, visible to the
customer.

That;s what we mostly get over here in big supermarkets although some
shops still have a till with a single display that appears on both the
cashier and the customers side. One odd one is my local Co-Op, on the
customers side there is an 8 inch plasma screen, which when the till
is not in use runs adverts and details of special offers etc. When
the till gets used, each item and price flashes up as they get scanned
by the cashier but at the end the cashier tells you what the total is
as the total doesn't appear until the cashier presses the payment
option, which is a bit of an annoyance.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs