Today Eli was laying next to me on the floor when Lily started looking in the cat flap (to make sure Eli not around) so she could come in and have a bite to eat. Eli *always* attacks her. So I hid Eli Peace Talks

Old November 1st 05, 11:11 AM

Default Today Eli was laying next to me on the floorl

Rhonda wrote:
Lesley wrote:

Another thing which works is an empty aerosol can. Please will someone
explain this? It's a particular one and it works wonders with
Sarrasine.

Maybe it sounds like hissing to her, and the mere sight of it brings out
the fear of the hissing sound. You've got a mean and scary cat trapped
inside of that can!

Rhonda

Excellent analysis. Well done. Now if an identical can does not bring
the same result,,, time for Twilight Zone music ... [my excuse for
not figuring out the puzzle. i thought the OP had said identical cans
did not work. maybe this one has a tiny scratch on it?]

Old November 1st 05, 12:23 PM
Lesley

Maybe it sounds like hissing to her, and the mere sight of it brings out
the fear of the hissing sound. You've got a mean and scary cat trapped
inside of that can!

I could understand this but why just this one can! Empty cans even of
the same product produce no reaction whatsoever but this one particular
can...she only has to see us reach for it and she gets off the curtains

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 4th 05, 05:03 AM
Rhonda

Wow, she is good!

Have you tried some kitty experiments? I'd be very curious as to why she
picked that one, too. Is it in the same place all of the time (so that
she knows which one you are reaching for?) If you replaced it with one
of the other empties when she wasn't looking, then reached for the new
one in that spot when she was looking, would she know the difference?

Rhonda