*Hi*

Old May 24th 05, 11:29 PM

Default *Hi*

Everytime I open this newsgroup I start crying. But I miss ya'll too.
So bear with me.

Abi's doing well. Or well enough. Jody and I were out of town five
weeks ago and came home to a broken arm. She had been riding one of the
children's go-cart things and it tilted. She braced her fall and
fractured above her wrist. A typical kid's injury. She's doing good,
after the fourth day she stopped complaining of it itching and the
healing prognosis is 100% positive. She was able to move her wrist and
fingers with full mobility and it hurt very little before they put the
cast on, so we began without complications. They did apply the cast up
to her shoulder because they didn't want it to move anymore than it
would otherwise. Two weeks ago they changed it out to a short arm,
below her elbow and she likes that much better. June 3rd can't come
soon enough!

Jody's in Canada, has been since Wednesday. I've been sleeping entirely
too much while he's gone. All day when Abi's at school and then as soon
as she's in bed, I'm curled up with a book in bed as well. He'll be
home tomorrow night, it can't come soon enough.

The cats are doing fine. Glitter will only let me touch her at the
darkest hours and only when everybody else is asleep. She'll decide I'm
acceptable to hang out with. Lunatic hates to be held but will endure
it anyway and Jinglebell (the boy) is a fuzzy pain in the butt when he
wants attention. But lovable We've determined he's not Maine Coon
with a butchered tail as I originally thought as a 12 week old kitten.
He's growing up to look more like a Japanese Bobtail. They have similar
disposition to the coon and his markings are closer to that of his
bobtail, which is longer than a manx and has a crook in it. It's a hoot
to watch him wag it. Which he does, like a dog.
Speaking of, Mutt's plugging along. Still the little witch she can be
but she's settled down and mellowed out in the last few months. She
hangs close by, wherever I'm at she's asleep at my feet or beside me.
Eve was the only child she'd tolerate, and even occassionally lick. I
always complained to Jody that he showed favoritism towards Eve over
Abi. We've discussed it, in length that she was different than
everybody else, the kids I mean. But all the same, Mutt is doing well.

Mom and Dad's divorce was final the third week of April. And I still
haven't recovered from Mother's Day. To be honest, I think I stayed in
a shock for the last 7 months. The first of May came around and hit me
with a brick.

We're trying again, to have a baby. Frankly, that's turning into a
bust. I'm going to see the GYN soon if that doesn't change. I miss
those horrible yeast infections *grin*.

There's been too much death in the group to read properly so I'll give
blanket purrs. I did read about Nikki briefly. And Sabra... I'll light
candles for both.

I had to reformat my laptop and I need to set my newsgroup settings on
the desktop I got at Christmas. I haven't done fixed either of them so
I'm google posting for now. But I should be back strong. I want to be
and being a hermit gets old after a while.

Old May 25th 05, 01:21 AM
Yoj

Purrs and hugs. I can't even imagine what you're going through, and have
been for so long. I think the fact that you want to get back to "normal
life", whatever that is, is definitely a good sign.

You're always welcome here, whenever and however you can return.

((((((((((Grace and family)))))))))

Joy

oups.com...

Old May 25th 05, 01:38 AM
Annie Wxill

wrote in message
oups.com...
.... I had to reformat my laptop and I need to set my newsgroup settings on
the desktop I got at Christmas. I haven't done fixed either of them so
I'm google posting for now. But I should be back strong. I want to be
and being a hermit gets old after a while.

Gracie,
Welcome back. Post whenever you can.
Get as much sleep as you need whenever you can.
Hugs,
Annie

Old May 25th 05, 02:01 AM
Catnipped

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Grace}}}}}}}}}} I can't even imagine going through what you're
going through, sweetie. Are you seeing someone, or in a group (either live
or online) for grief therapy? A regular doctor tends to try to solve all
problems with pills, so I worry about taking an anti-depressant if you're
not getting counseling as well. Pardon me if I'm butting in unwanted, but I
care and I'd like to see you get through this whole and well again.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 25th 05, 02:38 AM

For a while, until Christmas.... We went on out of town and Jody kept
going out of town on business after Christmas and I didn't want to do
therapy without him so it kind of fizzled out.

We *were* on antidepressents. I was on *lots* of drugs. Ativan, Zoloft,
Ambien, Butalbatal (stress migraines) and a couple more. It got too
much and I was zoned. So I dropped it all. I was so apathetic and out
of it, I wasn't grieving or feeling much of anything. I felt I needed
to grieve and not drug myself. Somedays I wish I could crawl into a
hole and not feel much . But from December to Mother's day, I was
doing good. Mother's Day landed me in bed with a couple xanax by that
night. But no, I haven't done much in the way of therapy, counselling
or otherwise. I should, it certainly wouldn't hurt. But after a couple
months of telling the dr's that it's not helping, they'd increase my
zoloft and ignore the anxiety attacks I was fed up with the entire
psychiatric practice.

We're plugging along. Some days are just awful. I mean, every day is
sad but some days are unbearable. Some days are pleasantly void of much
emotion one way or the other. But most of them are becoming nice
enough. We're getting through it. It'd be easier if we didn't deal with
other family drama at the same time but that's not always possible.
*grin* Because lord, we've had entirely too much drama to last me the
next 50 years in the last six months.

*hugs*

Old May 25th 05, 03:19 AM
badwilson

Good to hear from you Grace, and many hugs and purrs.
About the bobtail. Vino is half Japanese Bobtail, half Birman. Their
tails can be anywhere from practically nonexistant (like Vino) to a
few inches. Vino had a littermate, a little black boy named Hook,
who's tail was kinked. So cute!
Friends of mine had an "American Bobtail", which is a cross between a
Maine Coon and a Japanese Bobtail. Rory was 25 lbs of steely grey
cattitude with a 3 inch tail, no kinks.
They try to tell you that the Japanese Bobtail is a recessive gene and
that you need 2 bobtails to make a bobtail kitten, but that's
definitely not true. It is a dominant trait and all kittens of a
bobtail/non-bobtail cross will be bobtails. So it could very well be
that your Jinglebell is a cross, maybe even with a Main Coon.
Especially if he's quite large and has long fur.
Anyway, sorry to go on and on about bobtails, but they fascinate me
:-)
Take care now, ok?
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old May 25th 05, 03:25 AM
pmendhall

Yea! Grace is back. Hope Abi's arm get's better soonest. Hugs to you and
the family.

Diane