Veterinary Wrongdoing, Malpractice etc

Old May 25th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Veterinary Wrongdoing, Malpractice etc

The Toonces Project (www.thethooncesproject.com) is a new website to
help people when their pets are the victim of veterinary malpractice.
I created it after my poor cat Toonces was permanently brain damaged
after spending a weekend boarding at Kindness Animal Hospital in
Wheaton MD. The vet/owner, Marc Katz admitted that my cat had got a
massive insulin overdose (then he later denied it which was outrageous
IMHO as the records document just that, as do his symptoms and the
neurologists evaluation) I filed a complaint with the Maryland State
Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, but the whole process is so hard
that I want to help others and also encourage them to report these
things. Only when consumers demand better regulation will the vet
industry improve. The State Board found the owner of Kindness Animal
Hospital, Marc Katz, in violation of the Veterinary Practice act for
allowing an unlicensed person to given insulin shots w/o supervision. I
am now collecting disciplinary records from all over the country in the
hopes of providing a convenient place online for people to look up
their vets.

I've heard from so many people since who have very sad stories, but
it's hard to convince them it's important to take action. I hope by
providing resources and support to make this easier so that problem
vets will be identified.

If you have had a pet injured or killed at the vet, and need help,
contact us through the website.

I am also interested in hearing the stories of others with similar
experiences.

Old May 25th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Stan
www.Kitten-Pictures.com

Old May 25th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. I fear that cases such as
yours are far more common that we think.

Old May 25th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

BTW, your link does not work.

Old May 26th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

PawsForThought wrote:
BTW, your link does not work.

I think it's spelled wrong since he spelled it Toonces earlier. I
think it's thetooncesproject.com. Remember Toonces, the Cat Who Can
Drive a Car from SNL years ago?

Candace

Old June 3rd 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Yes, I'm sorry I typed the link wrong

It is www.thetooncesproject.com

Candace, I would like to hear your story.

stefani

PawsForThought wrote:

BTW, your link does not work.

Old June 3rd 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

It is www.thetooncesproject.com

Candace, I would like to hear your story.

stefani

PawsForThought wrote:

BTW, your link does not work.