Vets need to be consulted

Old November 13th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Vets need to be consulted

wrote in message
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Sherry wrote:

On Nov 12, 1:05 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

Oh, man, you can say that again! I've spent over $4,000 in vet
bills since June of this year!! I don't regret a penny of it
(well maybe a bit for the time I brought Archer in thinking he
had gangrene when in actuality is was dirty tape from the cast
just removed). ;

I knew you'd spent a bundle. You took on a lot of health issues with
your new babies, *besides* Archer's accident. It can really add up.

How *is* Archer, by the way?

Back up to speed - kitten speed, that is (IOW light-speed). He doesn't even
have a limp - kittens are *SO* resiliant! Here he is wrestling with his
bro-fur weekend before last:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Wrestling/Wrestling.mpg

Hugs,

CatNipped

Joyce

Old November 13th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Sherry wrote:

On Nov 12, 1:05 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

Oh, man, you can say that again! I've spent over $4,000 in vet
bills since June of this year!! I don't regret a penny of it
(well maybe a bit for the time I brought Archer in thinking he
had gangrene when in actuality is was dirty tape from the cast
just removed). ;

I knew you'd spent a bundle. You took on a lot of health issues with
your new babies, *besides* Archer's accident. It can really add up.

How *is* Archer, by the way?

Back up to speed - kitten speed, that is (IOW light-speed). He doesn't
even have a limp - kittens are *SO* resiliant! Here he is wrestling with
his bro-fur weekend before last:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Wrestling/Wrestling.mpg

Sorry, should have been
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNip.../Wrestling.mpg

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs,

CatNipped

Joyce

Old November 13th 07, 12:31 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Legale

I just don't see the harm is asking a question. I know when I have asked
questions I am not looking for diehard vet advise, I am simply looking for
opinions, and even more so, reaching out to others who may have experienced
something similar to whatever my concern or question is about. I suggest if
you have no personal experience or helpful opinion, that you not reply to
the OP at all. And it is possible to simply say that you feel they should
see a vet, and not go ape**** on their ass for asking a question.

Old November 13th 07, 01:13 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Upscale

"Tara Legale" wrote in message
I just don't see the harm is asking a question. I know when I have asked
questions I am not looking for diehard vet advise, I am simply looking for
opinions, and even more so, reaching out to others who may have

experienced
something similar to whatever my concern or question is about.

You're right up to a point, but it's likely you haven't seen some of the
questions asked here and asked much more frequently than you might imagine.
There have been people that ask "what should I do" when their pet has been
coughing up blood, is urinating blood, has a big raw area on their stomach
or is screaming in pain and similar stuff. In fact, there are times when
it's so obvious the animal needs to be taken to a vet that the only way to
get them to do so is to go ape**** on their ass and snap them out of their
ignorance, if only for a few hours so they take the animal to a vet like
they should have done a week ago.

Some people truly are too self absorbed to responsibly own a pet. Yet, they
appear here on regular basis asking "what should I do" when it's completely
obvious what they should have done a long time ago. To me, that's some form
of ignorance, stupidity or a combination of both and requires only one type
of reply to them. And if it makes them angry at me or someone else for
saying it to them, then fine as long as they take the animal a vet as soon
as humanly possible.

Old November 13th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

John Doe wrote in
et:

"MaryL" stancole1 yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote in message
news:MzOZi.68190$YL5.20590 newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...

When you think a veterinarian needs to be consulted, you can simply
reply stating that opinion.

It should be common sense to consult a vet under the types of
conditions that I have seen posted -- again, numerous times.
People need to *think.*

Yeah they need to *think* alright. Treat the animals yourself, plenty of
internet, medication and other resources available. You don't need to
see DOWE CHEETEM AND HOWE Vet Hospital. You CAN do it yourself.

Why are there so many stray cats suffering and dying young in the
not-so-great outdoors? Why do animals eat each other alive out
there?

One reason is that these so called lovers of animals are more concerned
about $$$ then they are about eliminating suffering among homeless
animals.

Why spend $10,000 at a veterinarian clinic on two pet cats (and then
post about it here) when instead dozens of stray cats could have
been saved from being slaughtered?

No reason whatsoever.

It depends on the circumstance, and that's where the advice belongs,
in my opinion.

Sure does and the circumstances are that our society values $$$ above
morality and professionalism. Those in the vet field need to stop
referring to themselves as professionals or go into another line of
work.

Have fun.

MaryL

Old November 13th 07, 10:01 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Meghan Noecker wrote in
:

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:38:58 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
y.net...

When you think a veterinarian needs to be consulted, you can simply
reply stating that opinion.

Of course. And I have done that, many times -- and so have many
others. The point is, that really shouldn't be necessary, at least not
in many cases. It should be common sense to consult a vet under the
types of conditions that I have seen posted -- again, numerous times.
This is not directed at one person in particular. People need to
*think.*

I think the majority of these posts are people that are just too cheap
to go to the vet, and they hope we will solve their problem for free.
Many of them claim to not have enough money to go, but they have money
for other things.

And I think the majority of people like you need medication to think
straight.

I know what it is like to be tight with money. I have paid other bills
late (and thus incurred late fees) to make sure my cats got the care
they required. I have also gotten a short term loan, sold items, and
borrowed money. I don't regret it. My cats and dogs are worth it to
me.

Maybe if these vets did not concern themselves with having the latest
technologically expensive equipment and helping more animals, less with
having bloated staffs and nice buildings and more with helping animals,
you would not need to go into debt to have your animals treated??

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't feel the same way. They won't go
to the vet if they think it can be solved by a free online question.
Or they won't go to the overnight vet because it costs too much. Or
worse, they won't even call the vet because they think it takes too
long to look up phone numbers. Gee, if they had a regular vet, they
wouldn't need to look up the phone number, and the vet wold be happy
to assist a regular customer.

90% of animal problems can be prevented or treated by the owners IF they
have IQ's in the normal range and can read and THINK for themselves.
They don't need to accept these outrageous charges from charlatans who
put a "Dr." in front of their names and think they are fooling anyone.

But hey, according to them, we are the true bad guys because all we do
is suggest they go to the vet, the one thing they don't want to hear.

Maybe if vets actually cared about animal welfare, we'd be inclined to
use their services, but they do not and most should not even have been
admitted to veterinary schools who are complicit in flooding the market
with unethical "doctors".

Old November 13th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...

snip

Oh, man, you can say that again! I've spent over $4,000 in vet bills

Good for you Sheeple. And I just showed another person where to get
information on how to treat her cat. Maybe we can put some of these
suckers and their KMART staff employees out of business or make them
move to some rural area where they will actually have to WORK for a
living.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 13th 07, 10:11 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
y[_2_]

"Upscale" wrote in
:

snip

And some people here are such dummies they cannot see what a racket
these vet practices are. It's a scam in many ways because a little
reading and effort results in the SAME treatment given by the pet owner
that the vet charges such exorbitant fees for, often approaching or
higher than for a human physician who at least must make an effort to
follow ethical canons. One example: URI/eye infection treated with
antibiotics, available from many sources at much lower cost than through
the vet. Cost: $23 for meds. Cost at vet? $50 for walking in the door
another $75 for meds. Payment due in full immediately or ELSE!

Old November 14th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

mncats wrote:

On Nov 11, 11:08 pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

[...]

And what does this have to do with the message I posted?

MaryL- Hide quoted text -

Mary I agree 100%. Its almost like there should be some kinda list
like

if you see your cat with a nose bleed - take it to the vet
if you see your cat sneezing, coughing & congested - take it to a vet
if you see your cat hasen't eaten in a few days - take it to a vet

get the picture?

Your cat is all that matters.
You do not care about stray/feral cats.
You want everyone else to be like you.
You're looking at only half of the picture.

Super Vets saffie02 Cats - misc 0 January 12th 06 02:52 PM
Voodoo Vets biggerbadderbarry Cat health & behaviour 3 July 1st 05 03:55 PM
Odd Offer from one of my Vets Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 14 June 16th 05 03:27 AM
vets take advantage jesseH Cat health & behaviour 8 April 5th 04 07:40 AM
vets who take advantage jesseH Cat rescue 1 April 4th 04 10:43 PM