Sam and the Surgeon

Old September 22nd 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Default Sam and the Surgeon

The surgeon suggests taking a biopsy and he feels Sam's asthma is not a
problem for a procedure as short as this one. He would have done it today
except that Sam had eaten this morning. So we scheduled it for tomorrow.
Then I got home and had second thoughts. I cried and then cried some more.
What if Sam dies? I called DH and I called our regular vet. Our regular vet
agrees that Sam will be able to take the anesthesia. DH came home and he
wants to go ahead and get the biopsy. After calling everyone today I went
to bed and Sam and Hobbes laid down beside me (one on each side) and we
rested together and I feel better now.

Sam's been on Clavomax since Monday night, I've given him Albuterol tonight
just before his Flovent and I'll give him more tomorrow morning before his
Flovent. The vet will give him Albuterol before he begins the procedure.
Tonight I'll take up the food and water and tomorrow I'll take a deep breath
and take Sam to the vet and worry until I hear something.

On the positive side, I should be able to bring Sam home tomorrow night and
I'll have the weekend to take care of him. Any purrs that could be directed
Sam's way tomorrow would be appreciated and I'll let you know as soon as I
hear how he's doing.

Julie and Sam

Old September 22nd 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:23:01 -0400, Julie and Sam wrote:

[...]

Sending purrs and prayers for Sam's wellbeing.

mlb

Old September 22nd 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-09-21 20:23:01 -0500, "Julie and Sam" said:

[...]

Oh mega purrs. I can understand how completely nerve wracking this is.
Big hugs too.

Old September 22nd 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Julie and Sam wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way from Mistletoe and from one Sam to another. We are
fervently hoping for a benign diagnosis.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 22nd 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

[...]

We will be purring for Sam and for your poor frazzled nerves.

I have severe asthma and have had many minor surgeries as well as a few
major ones. I just tell myself that I'll be fine because they know up front
I have the problem so they are extra careful, especially with the
anesthetic. Sam should be fine.

Jo

Old September 22nd 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Julie and Sam wrote:

On the positive side, I should be able to bring Sam home tomorrow night and
I'll have the weekend to take care of him. Any purrs that could be directed
Sam's way tomorrow would be appreciated and I'll let you know as soon as I
hear how he's doing.

Many many purrs for the biopsy, and calming purrs for you while you are
waiting to hear something. I know just how worrying that is. Wish I
could be there and hold your hand while waiting.

Old September 22nd 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Julie and Sam" wrote:
[...]

Give Sam a hug for me. I'm sure he'll be fine for the surgery, and
I'll be sending purrs for a good result from the biopsy.

Old September 22nd 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Julie and Sam wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Julie }}}}}}}}}}}}
Still purring for Sam and for you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 22nd 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"Julie and Sam" wrote in message

The vet will give him Albuterol before he begins the procedure.
Tonight I'll take up the food and water and tomorrow I'll take a deep breath
and take Sam to the vet and worry until I hear something.///

Many, many purrs and prayers for everything to go well.

Helen M