Cat women turn me off

Old January 17th 05, 12:33 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Bill Stock wrote:

If you guys think cats/dogs are poopers, you should see Goldfish. Definitely
not low maintenance.

Isn't that why God invented snails?

Old January 17th 05, 12:44 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mary wrote:

"catlvr" wrote in message
oups.com...

A sign of the times.

Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.

Or to what! Go to "preferences" in your browser (I think
you have to be in "reply" mode). Then select "composition",
and when that window comes up, be sure that in the section
marked "Forwarding and replying" the box is checked that
says "Automatically quote the original message when
replying".

Old January 17th 05, 12:47 AM
-L.

Nomen Nescio wrote:
snip

"Guys that don't like pets are vain, self serving, and undependable.
A man who likes cats isn't threatened by an independent, and

intelligent,
woman, and you can usually trust them."

"What about a guy that prefers dogs", I asked

"I think most of them would rather just buy a whore"! (laughing)

ITA! LOL...

-L.

Old January 17th 05, 12:58 AM
KellyH

"Connie" wrote in message
Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread
that shows up above his reply...

I didn't know. I have my preferences set to not show read messages, so I
don't have to wade through all the old stuff to get to the new stuff. When
someone doesn't quote at least a portion of the text, I have to go back and
show old messages just to see who this person was replying to. When it's a
really long thread, it's still hard to see to which post he was replying.
Very annoying.
--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old January 17th 05, 01:00 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article .com,
"-L." wrote:

Nomen Nescio wrote:
snip

"Guys that don't like pets are vain, self serving, and undependable.
A man who likes cats isn't threatened by an independent, and

intelligent,
woman, and you can usually trust them."

"What about a guy that prefers dogs", I asked

"I think most of them would rather just buy a whore"! (laughing)

ITA! LOL...

-L.

I'm not sure where to regard myself in some of this, because my cats
have most commonly been of the cog or dat variety -- certainly cat
clothing and grooming, but with the bonding and playfulness of dogs.
Clifford (RB) was partially raised by a Brittany Spaniel, and Chatterley
(RB) never forgave him for learning to chase cats. He also howled at the
moon (well, round light fixture).

Both Clifford and Mr. Clark herd me to bed. Mr. Clark also keeps track
of the younger cats, and, if anyone has mastered herding cats, he has.
Old January 17th 05, 01:18 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Connie" wrote in message
Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.

Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread

that
shows up above his reply...

Um, no it doesn't, if one has the "View" set to show only unread/new posts.
Absolutely no context.

Cathy

Old January 17th 05, 02:35 AM
Tanada

Jo Firey wrote:

When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking
about "my cats" shudder.

What makes you think you're such a prize any of them would WANT you?

Poor thing doesn't realize that the "turn off" is intentional on the women's
part. I'm guessing some of them don't even care much for cats, but anything
to dissuade a loser.

Jo

Especially if they didn't have any cat fur on them.

Pam S.

Old January 17th 05, 03:52 AM
Sherry

Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.

Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread that
shows up above his reply...

Actually, I had no idea either. My newsreader isn't showing threads in proper
sequence. It's not a hard thing to paste a couple lines of copy that you're
replying to. It really helps avoid confusion about what you're talking about.

Sherry
Old January 17th 05, 04:22 AM
Mary

"Connie" wrote in message
Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.

Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread

that
shows up above his reply...

He included no part of the thread he was replying to. You must be highly
intuitive. Good for you.

Old January 17th 05, 04:24 AM
Mary

Mary wrote:

"catlvr" wrote in message
oups.com...

A sign of the times.

Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.

Or to what! Go to "preferences" in your browser (I think
you have to be in "reply" mode). Then select "composition",
and when that window comes up, be sure that in the section
marked "Forwarding and replying" the box is checked that
says "Automatically quote the original message when
replying".

Ahh! A voice in the wilderness!

Cat women turn me off [email protected] Cat anecdotes 174 January 25th 05 01:42 AM
Sleep Yowie Cat anecdotes 14 November 8th 04 11:53 PM
Turn $6.00 into $6,000.00 JmSpring6 Cat anecdotes 2 August 30th 04 04:56 PM
Turn $6.00 into $6,000.00 JmSpring6 Cat community 1 August 30th 04 04:54 PM
Women and cats Ted Davis Cats - misc 197 June 29th 04 05:21 AM