ISOBEL

Old September 17th 03, 05:04 PM
Tanada

JBHajos wrote:

My son Greg lives in Newport News, VA, across the Bay from Norfolk,
which has been battening down for days, since it was a Category 4/5.
Last I heard it had dwindled into a 2. However, many in that area
have been leaving town, heading west. So what does Greg do? He
informed me he's coming HERE to escape!!

Smart man. One of the teachers I worked with yesterday was telling us
about her son who lives in Wilmington. She called him and asked if he
was prepared for Isobel, and he said that they were making the last
booze run later that day. When they were hit by Floyd, Wilmington
liquor stores sold more booze than they do for New Year's. Apparently,
the game plan is to throw a hurricane party in their ocean capable boat
which is sitting in their driveway on a trailer, and if Isobel gets
them, they'll be able to float out to sea with her. The teacher was
moaning that she'd always thought that he was such a practical and
intelligent young man.

Do you got room for 13 more? We're only 9 cats and 4 people. We can
pack up the van and leave today. g

Pam S. who wants to visit Alabama someday anyway
Old September 17th 03, 05:48 PM
lrulan

We're pretty much inland here in Maryland, but we are being told to expect
5-6 inches of rain plus wind gusts of up to 70 miles an hour. This isn't
that bad, but it still causes power outages. I can do without a lot of
things, but power outages bug the hell outa me. You can't even read at
night.
Jazz's mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"JBHajos" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 03:25:08 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Anyone besides
us battening down the hatches?

My son Greg lives in Newport News, VA, across the Bay from Norfolk,
which has been battening down for days, since it was a Category 4/5.
Last I heard it had dwindled into a 2. However, many in that area
have been leaving town, heading west. So what does Greg do? He
informed me he's coming HERE to escape!! (We're in Alabama.) I told
him I'd bet he's the only one in Virginia to travel a thousand miles
to an evacuation point! He'll arrive here this afternoon and stay the
rest of the week. Of course, we're delighted to have him, especially
since he's bringing his kitty, Hobie, along - - but we're a bit amused
at the lengths he'll go to in avoiding the storm.

Hoping Isabel continues to get quieter and everyone in its path stays
safe and secure.

Jeanne

Old September 17th 03, 07:10 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Prayers for all of you in the hurricane's path that you and your furry
ones be safe.

Ginger-lyn

Old September 17th 03, 10:26 PM
ann

Purrs on the way that every one in the path of Isobel are safe. Please
check in and let us know you are okay after the storm goes by.

Ann

Old September 17th 03, 10:27 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 03:25:08 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Where, oh where, will Isobel land? The newsies here are probably right
when they say just south of Cape Hatteras, at Morehead City. However, I
think it will land where it usually does, in Wilmington NC. So far,
every hurricane that hit the area since we moved here six years ago has
landed at Wilmington. I really think they have a huge sign out in their
harbor that says "Hurricanes Welcome", or "Hurricane Hilton." Your
thoughts?

The newsies were also talking about around 2 pm Thursday afternoon. I'm
guessing 10 am Thursday morning. Again, your thoughts? Anyone besides
us battening down the hatches? We have stacks of wood all over our back
yard. I shudder to think what will happen if Isobel picks up and
decides to really blow her stack.

The cats hate me enough for making the world end with the white stuff
(snow). They're really going to hate me for this one.

Pam S.

Can you isolate them in a closet?
Old September 17th 03, 10:53 PM
Tanada

"m. L. Briggs" wrote:

Can you isolate them in a closet?

I can if necessary, but I'd hate to be locking them into the various
closets around here. We're supposed to get winds up to 70 mph and heavy
rain. I'm not going to panic, yet, and lock them up anywhere. They'd
never forgive me for that one.

Pam S. whose terrified of her cats
Old September 17th 03, 11:30 PM
Karen Chuplis

"Tanada" wrote in message
JBHajos wrote:

[...]

I'm wondering what my brother, whom no one can even contact because he
doesn't have a phone or address, is going to do or if his 31 foot "boat"
that he "lives" on will even make it. He's in Maryland .... somewhere.

Karen

Old September 18th 03, 05:07 AM
Marina

"Karen Chuplis" wrote

I'm wondering what my brother, whom no one can even contact because he
doesn't have a phone or address, is going to do or if his 31 foot "boat"
that he "lives" on will even make it. He's in Maryland .... somewhere.

Oh, that is worrying. Calming purrs all around.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 18th 03, 07:02 AM
LOL

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message ...

I'm wondering what my brother, whom no one can even contact because he
doesn't have a phone or address, is going to do or if his 31 foot "boat"
that he "lives" on will even make it. He's in Maryland .... somewhere.

Karen

Yikes, Karen! Does he have sense enough to go inland? (I have a
brother - I know how they can be.) We are sending safety purrs and
call-your-family-already purrs to your brother, and soothing
peace-of-mind purrs to you.

------
Krista
Who hopes Isabel behaves herself and everyone comes through okay