Stosh takes a ride

Old August 27th 04, 03:14 PM
Karen

"Singh" wrote in message
Stosh is my little shadow and likes to follow me everywhere; especially
to the basement when it's laundry time. there is a big box down there, a
leftover from the water heater we installed last winter, and he likes to
do his manicure there while I do my wash.

A day or so ago he was feeling affectionate and after doing his nails
was winding himself around my ankles and pressing himself into me, which
is Stoshese for "Pick me up NOW." Who could resist such an order, I mean
offer? I picked up my little guy--my 12-pound guy--and as I was holding
him he decided to shift himself, pulled himself up to my shoulder,
managed to turn around without klutzing up (he's not known for grace in
this house) and sat on my shoulder. "Oh, this is too good," I thought,
and carefully made my way upstairs. To Stosh's credit, he did not freak
out or dig his nails into me. When I came out of the basement there was
my amazed Hubby, laughing his butt off. He'd had kittens take shoulder
rides, but never a full-grown cat, and never expected clumsy Stosh to
sit there so handsomely in his tuxedo!

If i could train him to do that consistently, I'd never have to worry
about Louie's work schedule during orchestra season.

Blessed be,

Baha

My Sooty (RB), used to do this all the time, but when he got too big, he
would just lie around my neck like a stole to be carted around

Old August 27th 04, 05:37 PM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
To Stosh's credit, he did not freak
out or dig his nails into me. When I came out of the basement there was
my amazed Hubby, laughing his butt off. He'd had kittens take shoulder
rides, but never a full-grown cat, and never expected clumsy Stosh to
sit there so handsomely in his tuxedo!

If i could train him to do that consistently, I'd never have to worry
about Louie's work schedule during orchestra season.

Blessed be,

Baha

My Sooty (RB), used to do this all the time, but when he got too big, he
would just lie around my neck like a stole to be carted around

Pan becomes my live fur-piece every winter. It's rather nice, he keeps my
shoulders warm, AND he purrs. I do have to remember not to move too
quickly, because he will dig his claws in if I startle him.

LOL, Good for Stosh for keeping his balance all the way upstairs. =o)

Melissa

Old August 27th 04, 05:54 PM
Marina

"Singh" wrote

I picked up my little guy--my 12-pound guy--and as I was holding
him he decided to shift himself, pulled himself up to my shoulder,
managed to turn around without klutzing up (he's not known for grace in
this house) and sat on my shoulder.

Nikki likes to ride on my shoulder, but she does use claws to hold on. She
also uses me as her private cat tree/step ladder if she wants somewhere up
high and I happen to stand close enough to her goal.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 27th 04, 06:21 PM
Dan M

A day or so ago he was feeling affectionate and after doing his nails
was winding himself around my ankles and pressing himself into me, which
is Stoshese for "Pick me up NOW." Who could resist such an order, I mean
offer? I picked up my little guy--my 12-pound guy--and as I was holding
him he decided to shift himself, pulled himself up to my shoulder,
managed to turn around without klutzing up (he's not known for grace in
this house) and sat on my shoulder. "Oh, this is too good," I thought,
and carefully made my way upstairs. To Stosh's credit, he did not freak
out or dig his nails into me. When I came out of the basement there was
my amazed Hubby, laughing his butt off. He'd had kittens take shoulder
rides, but never a full-grown cat, and never expected clumsy Stosh to
sit there so handsomely in his tuxedo!

My 15-pound 4 year old Amelia does this too. She loves her shoulder
rides, and can keep herself balanced while I walk around the house, do
some chores, and go out in the back yard and sit in a lawn chair.

Old August 27th 04, 09:17 PM
Christina Websell

"Dan M" wrote in message ...
[...]

When Kitty FC was still a farmcat, and she couldn't come into the house
because of whippets (ex-cat, immediately) when she got brave she would get
on top of a small henhouse and then jump on to my shoulder. Then she would
wipe her cheeks around my face and expect me to carry her about while I fed
and watered all the other chickens. This took about 2 years. for her to
feel confident enough to do this.
Ever tried to carry a cat around like this, while you are in a hurry to have
to do all this chickening and also travel across the county to work for
8.30? 18 huts of chickens I've got, all to be fed and watered. Please get
off my shoulder, Kitty FC? No chance.

My dogs have all passed away, through old age so now Kitty is in the house
and can't be bothered to help me with the chickens.
Now Boyfriend likes to. Not to get on my shoulders (Bast forbid) he'd
still be too scared but just so he can have half an hour or so on his own
with me, wind himself almost imperceptibly against my legs and say how much
he likes to live here and be allowed to come down the garden without Kitty
FC boxing his ears. What a polite chap he is. He was well brought up.
With his posh collar, who could doubt it? Love him to bits.

Tweed