The Kitty Puke Issue

Old April 22nd 04, 04:02 PM
Mary

Default The Kitty Puke Issue

My cats are both short hairs who get frequent vet visits, brushing every
day, and Laxatone every week.

I feed them Purina One Salmon and Tuna dry, and Fancy Feast Chopped Grill
Feast because they LOVE these foods and often turn their noses up at
others. (I want to switch to better quality cat food, but have not decided
which kind yet. It is easy to put this off since they love what they are
getting, but I know I need to.)

They get half a can each of the FF in the morning and at night, at room
temp. Cheeks has dry food at all times, Buddha gets about a cup of dry a
day spaced out so she won't gobble.

Here is the issue: They each throw up about twice a week, usually right
after eating their canned food. I have tried giving them smaller portions
more frequently, thinking that they are gobbling, but that does not seem to
affect the frequency. I do not see hairballs in there. Sometimes they toss
their dry food.

Has anyone switched to any kind of cat food that really reduced the Kitty
Puke Factor? Or does anyone have any better solutions? YES, I have asked at
the vet, and he and the techs say vague things like, "aww, poor thing, the
food must be too rich for her." Once the vet suggested that Buddha was
eating too fast. Is the key to feed them food they don't quite like so
much, so they don't gobble? I'm at a loss here. Thanks for any help.

Old April 22nd 04, 05:01 PM
Karen

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

I'd try a different brand of canned food.

Karen

Old April 26th 04, 08:09 PM
beth

"Mary" wrote in message .com...
[...]

One thing to try is Kitty Care Hairball Remedy treats (from Foster and
Smith, in a red pouch). They are really more like a dry food than a
treat. I have a shorthair also, that was a frequent vomiter, and
these have helped a lot.

Beth

Old April 26th 04, 10:59 PM
Mary

"beth" wrote in message
One thing to try is Kitty Care Hairball Remedy treats (from Foster and

Smith, in a red pouch). They are really more like a dry food than a treat.
I have a shorthair also, that was a frequent vomiter, and these have helped
a lot.

Thank you, Beth, I'll be on the lookout for them!