Zoom Groom

Old April 13th 05, 01:56 AM
Enfilade

Default Zoom Groom

A friend of mine sent me a brush called ZOOM GROOM by the people who
make KONG dog toys. She swears by the thing and got me one.

Well, now I swear by it too.

The brush is rubbery, with big fat bristles. It collects hair by
creating static electricity. OMG I got a tennis ball shaped ball of
hair out of Tyche today. Because it is rubbery, it doesn't scratch
their skin--it massages, and do they ever boil when I brush them.
Even Nocturne will, on occasion, tolerate a grooming. Tyche adores
it--I was brushing her back and Nox was licking her face at the same
time, and her purr went into overdrive. It's really keeping down the
shedding in here.

Anyone else use one of these?

--Fil
Old April 13th 05, 02:13 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 12 Apr 2005 08:56:41p, Enfilade wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
. com):

A friend of mine sent me a brush called ZOOM GROOM by the people
who make KONG dog toys. She swears by the thing and got me one.

Well, now I swear by it too.

The brush is rubbery, with big fat bristles. It collects hair
by creating static electricity. OMG I got a tennis ball shaped
ball of hair out of Tyche today. Because it is rubbery, it
doesn't scratch their skin--it massages, and do they ever boil
when I brush them. Even Nocturne will, on occasion, tolerate a
grooming. Tyche adores it--I was brushing her back and Nox was
licking her face at the same time, and her purr went into
overdrive. It's really keeping down the shedding in here.

Anyone else use one of these?

--Fil

Never seen one myself, but it sounds like something I need to get.
I have a floor "rake" that is made of rubber that creates static to
remove fur from the carpet, and it does a great job.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old April 13th 05, 05:39 AM
Sandy

"Enfilade" wrote in message
om...
A friend of mine sent me a brush called ZOOM GROOM by the people who
make KONG dog toys. She swears by the thing and got me one.

Well, now I swear by it too.

The brush is rubbery, with big fat bristles. It collects hair by
creating static electricity. OMG I got a tennis ball shaped ball of
hair out of Tyche today. Because it is rubbery, it doesn't scratch
their skin--it massages, and do they ever boil when I brush them.
Even Nocturne will, on occasion, tolerate a grooming. Tyche adores
it--I was brushing her back and Nox was licking her face at the same
time, and her purr went into overdrive. It's really keeping down the
shedding in here.

Anyone else use one of these?

--Fil

When I adopted Rebecca, her foster mother gave me the Zoom Groom brush that
Rebecca was used to. She loves it; she comes running when she sees me go to
the cabinet where I keep it, just in case I'm getting it out to brush her.
For a long time after Rebecca was here I couldn't approach her without her
getting nervous, but she'd come every time if she thought she was going to
get brushed.

Sandy

Old April 13th 05, 04:50 PM
Enfilade

I got one a year or two ago for Amber's long hair. I haven't used it
since he died. It didn't occur to me it would work on a short-haired
cat. I will have to try it on Sheba. Of course, it might not last with
her since she likes to bite the comb or brush!

All four of mine are shorthairs. It works great. Kumani is a
brushbiter, but I don't let her get more than a sniff and a nibble.

--Fil