Co Op bargains

Old March 31st 15, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default Co Op bargains

Don't know if it applies to every Co Op but my local branch is getting rid of their own brand "Gourmet" pouches to make room for another line

My cats like them (Spirit and Bonnie will eat anything so this is not a recommendation but they enjoyed them) and even though the stock doesn't go out of date until 06.16 the shop is selling a 12 pouch box for 99p

Although it has to be said at such a bargain price- my local Co Op has none left 'cos I snatched the last 6 boxes up-that's the cats fed for over a week for just over a fiver

They couldn't believe it when I came back from the shops with this huge stash of cat food- they keep wandering into the kitchen to look at it.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 31st 15, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/31/2015 1:48 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Don't know if it applies to every Co Op but my local branch is getting rid of their own brand "Gourmet" pouches to make room for another line

My cats like them (Spirit and Bonnie will eat anything so this is not a recommendation but they enjoyed them) and even though the stock doesn't go out of date until 06.16 the shop is selling a 12 pouch box for 99p

Although it has to be said at such a bargain price- my local Co Op has none left 'cos I snatched the last 6 boxes up-that's the cats fed for over a week for just over a fiver

They couldn't believe it when I came back from the shops with this huge stash of cat food- they keep wandering into the kitchen to look at it.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm just imagining them looking at all the food. :-D

Jill
Old March 31st 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack G.

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:48:21 AM UTC-7, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Don't know if it applies to every Co Op but my local branch is getting rid of their own brand "Gourmet" pouches to make room for another line

My cats like them (Spirit and Bonnie will eat anything so this is not a recommendation but they enjoyed them) and even though the stock doesn't go out of date until 06.16 the shop is selling a 12 pouch box for 99p

Although it has to be said at such a bargain price- my local Co Op has none left 'cos I snatched the last 6 boxes up-that's the cats fed for over a week for just over a fiver

They couldn't believe it when I came back from the shops with this huge stash of cat food- they keep wandering into the kitchen to look at it.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Be sure and store them properly. Your cat is lucky to have you.
Old April 1st 15, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 6:56:07 PM UTC+1, jmcquown wrote:
I'm just imagining them looking at all the food. :-D

A year or so back- the Co-Op did the 48 pouch packs of "Felix" for half price so I grabbed 3 boxes so I brought in almost 150 pouches. Sarsi (RB) slept on top of them like a dragon guarding its hoard and Bonnie kept going into the kitchen and staring at this pile of food like all her dreams had come true at once

Old April 2nd 15, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
Don't know if it applies to every Co Op but my local branch is getting rid
of their own brand "Gourmet" pouches to make room for another line

My cats like them (Spirit and Bonnie will eat anything so this is not a
recommendation but they enjoyed them) and even though the stock doesn't go
out of date until 06.16 the shop is selling a 12 pouch box for 99p

Although it has to be said at such a bargain price- my local Co Op has
none left 'cos I snatched the last 6 boxes up-that's the cats fed for over
a week for just over a fiver

They couldn't believe it when I came back from the shops with this huge
stash of cat food- they keep wandering into the kitchen to look at it.

Lesley

I know I am accused of banging on about this, but please check the
ingredients for "various sugars" Sugar is in more cat food that you would
believe, why I don't know.
It rots their teeth (unless you can clean them daily like Winnie did with
Rusty) I certainly can't.
So if it has no "various sugars" in - go for it! Fill your cupboards. If
it does have sugar you'll save money for now and spend it on dentals later
:-(
I had no idea that cat food had sugar in until my German friend came to stay
and examined my cat food ingredients. I think Boyfie was eating Felix at
the time. She said "are you mad? this food has sugar in, do you want him to
be at the dentist all his life?"
I said no, of course not.
So, despite he loved Felix, I changed his diet to Whiskas (which has no
sugar in). He sometimes has Kit-e-Kat for a change (also no sugars added)
but although he likes it, the chunks are larger and he claims wiping brow,
"it's more trouble to eat" He should have that problem..!

Anyway Boyfie gets a check up every year at the vet when he goes for his
injections. He is approaching 13 years old this summer and his teeth are
perfect.

I'd never have known about the hidden sugars in some cat foods had Nüle not
told me - I never thought to look at the ingredients before

Tweed

Old April 8th 15, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 10:20:03 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:

I know I am accused of banging on about this, but please check the
ingredients for "various sugars"

The Co-Op catfood didn't have added sugar- most of the time I feed the cats Whiskas with occasional Felix "As Good as it Looks" if to be honest that's on special offer. Apart from that they get the occasional bag of "Dreamies" ( doled out over a few days, Bonnie would happily gorge herself on them but if she eats a lot at once I have to clean up the litter box and what she produces isn't pleasant), odd leftovers- a bit of ham on their birthdays/Xmas and Spirit is partial to boiled eggs so if Dave has some (he's also partial to them) he leaves a little bit for her.

If we roast a joint (not chicken) and it has a bone in- I leave some meat on it and let them have it under supervision. It's funny to watch the pair of them turn into "Serengeti Lions with their kill" as they gnaw and rip the meat off the bones but I think that helps to keep their teeth clean- indeed none of my cats have needed a tooth removed and they've all had the occasional bone to gnaw on

Old April 9th 15, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 10:20:03 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:

I know I am accused of banging on about this, but please check the
ingredients for "various sugars"

The Co-Op catfood didn't have added sugar- most of the time I feed the cats
Whiskas with occasional Felix "As Good as it Looks" if to be honest that's
on special offer.

there is sugar in Felix. Whiskas and Kit-e-Kat don't have sugar in. No
cat food with sugar in will ever touch my cat's lips to ruin his teeth. He
is 13 and every time he goes to the vet yearly for checks, his teeth are
perfect.

Old April 9th 15, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 10:20:03 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:

I know I am accused of banging on about this, but please check the
ingredients for "various sugars"

The Co-Op catfood didn't have added sugar- most of the time I feed the cats
Whiskas with occasional Felix "As Good as it Looks" if to be honest that's
on special offer.

there is sugar in Felix. Whiskas and Kit-e-Kat don't have sugar in. No
cat food with sugar in will ever touch my cat's lips to ruin his teeth. He
is 13 and every time he goes to the vet yearly for checks, his teeth are
perfect.

Even before I had to feed Persia prescription food I never saw any form
of sugar listed in the ingredients in cat food.

Jill
Old April 10th 15, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
there is sugar in Felix. Whiskas and Kit-e-Kat don't have sugar in.
No

cat food with sugar in will ever touch my cat's lips to ruin his teeth.
He
is 13 and every time he goes to the vet yearly for checks, his teeth are
perfect.

Even before I had to feed Persia prescription food I never saw any form of
sugar listed in the ingredients in cat food.

Jill

I can assure you, Jill, that most catfood here has "various sugars" listed
in the ingredients. Including Felix which promotes itself as a premium
brand.
Whiskas & Kit-e-Kat have no sugar in. It would not matter a jot if Boyfie
would allow me to clean his teeth. He could eat the cat food with sugar in
all he wanted, but will not allow it so he doesn't get it.
I said upthread that my German friend alerted me to sugar in cat food. So
then I started to examine the ingredients on every tin and brand and it was
true. Most brands have sugar in.
Not for my boy. I'm glad I took notice of her. Boyfie is 13 now and his
teeth are still perfect.

Old April 11th 15, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

This thread piqued my curiosity again. I looked up the ingredients in
Fancy Feast liver & chicken because I know that several on this list use
that one (I don't -- I use Wellness no-grains). There are no sugars. I
did not take the time to look up any others, but I thought I would at
least look up one type that I know some of our readers use. I do
strongly agree with Christina that we should avoid all food with sugar
for our beloved cats. I suspect most on this list would agree.

MaryL