Had my Psych Exam Today OT

Old May 17th 05, 11:22 PM
jmcquown

Default Had my Psych Exam Today OT

I rescheduled the one from last week for my SSDI claim because honestly I
woke up and couldn't deal with making the 35 mile drive through major
traffic.

Today I told myself, yes, you *will* do this. I called for directions and
the man gave me directions down a very busy road but at least with which I
am familiar. I was still a nervous wreck in lunchtime traffic but I made it
there and back just fine.

A plus about this is I didn't walk into a waiting room full of people and
have to just sit there. There was no one there; I walked in, he greeted me
and the session began. I was still a tad nervous from the drive. Anyway,
he got info on my background, my medication, etc. Then he put me through a
series of what he called "psychological exercises". First he asked me to
repeat three words after him and he said "Lamp. Shoehorn." and something
else I don't remember. I repeated them back to him at the time and he said
remember those, he'd ask me for them later. I couldn't remember the 3rd one
when he asked me later. I know the colours of the American flag. I know
who the President is. Then started the count back from 100 exercises.
First subtract 7 and then keep going backwards from there by 7. Then by 3.
Then by 4. Oh I so suck at this! Is that a good thing? And then, of
course, I couldn't remember that third word he told me to remember. I also
had a hard time spelling WORLD backwards.

We talked about my normal day. Well, what do I do? I dunno. If I have a
good day I'll get up and get dressed and run errands like a "normal" person.
Plan and cook dinner like a "normal" person. He asked if I get dressed
every day. No, I don't. I stay in my PJ's unless I have to go out
somewhere.

Do I have help with household chores? No; who would help me? Do I do my
own laundry? Yes, when I do laundry. Do I prepare my own meals? Yes, if
you count throwing something in the microwave on the days I can't bring
myself to plan and execute a meal. Do I sweep and mop the floor? I had to
chuckle and say, "You're assuming I do those things."

I have no idea what the outcome of this will be but I'm glad it's over.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old May 17th 05, 11:30 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Yay, Jill. At least you don't have to worry about the appt any more. It's
done & over with! You can relax and play with Persia! Or relax and nap
with Persia. Whichever happens

And you can enjoy your trip next month!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old May 18th 05, 01:15 AM
W. Leong

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Jill,
Your days sound very familiar to me. I am getting more good days as the
weather gets warmer. In the winter I stayed home for days hibernating
without venturing out.

Old May 18th 05, 03:04 PM
jmcquown

W. Leong wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Of course I told him I start my day by feeding Persia, scooping her
litterbox, making sure her Drinkwell Fountain is clean and properly filled.
I also start my day feeding Peaches (my lovebird) and making sure she has
fresh water, too. From there, it often goes downhill. But I take care of
my little friends

Jill

Old May 18th 05, 03:43 PM
W. Leong

"jmcquown" wrote in message
W. Leong wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Many days having to get up to feed Rusty was what get me out of bed.
Often I went back to sleep afterwards. I suspect Rusty was affected too,
as he is on antidepressant for inapproriate urination.

Winnie

Old May 19th 05, 11:14 AM
hobbs

Hope it went well Jill, I'm sure it will be Ok. Wilson and I will keep
Purring for you. Hugs Jean.

Old May 19th 05, 11:18 AM
hobbs

I would say you could use a few Purrs too Winnie, so Wilson and I
are sending some along Pronto, Hope you'll both feel better soon. Jean.
W. Leong wrote in message

Old May 19th 05, 01:14 PM
W. Leong

Fangs for purring. I am doing better now and Rusty's medication dosage
has been lowered. I tend to feel better in the spring. Winter is the worst,
especially here in the big white north.

Winnie

W. Leong wrote in message

Old May 19th 05, 03:33 PM
Helen Miles

"jmcquown" wrote in message

I rescheduled the one from last week for my SSDI claim because honestly I
woke up and couldn't deal with making the 35 mile drive through major
traffic.////

So...are you officially NUTS? ;o)

{{{{HUGS}}}} for the right result.

Helen M

Old May 19th 05, 06:10 PM
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

I rescheduled the one from last week for my SSDI claim because
honestly I woke up and couldn't deal with making the 35 mile drive
through major traffic.////

So...are you officially NUTS? ;o)

Beats me. If being bad at maths backwards means I am, then I am! ;o)

{{{{HUGS}}}} for the right result.

Helen M

Thank you!

Jill