"Tweeting/twittering" (WAS: OT - Facebook Users? (Long))

Old February 5th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default "Tweeting/twittering" (WAS: OT - Facebook Users? (Long))

wrote in message
Lesley wrote:

I only log on at weekends as we can't access it at work and when I get
home during the week I have better things to do than read it like
stroke a cat or two

What annoys me with it as the vast amount of people who because they
can comment do...I like crumpets but do I really need to know who is
eating them right now? Or who took his dog for a walk last night? I
got so annoyed last weekend I posted "I'm about to wash my hair-isn't
Facebook interesting!"

LOL - yes, some people insist on posting nothing but trivialities. Or
another favorite (not) is the Cryptic Comment, such as "user's name
has been humbled." OK... is this an invitation for me to ask by what? Or
would that be rude and invasive? (Many people on my FB friends list are
people I don't know very well.) What is the point of such a post?

As with Facebook, It makes absolute no sense to me to "Twitter". I know
it's the latest greatest thing. But do I really want to have everyone
comment on what someone is doing at the exact moment they are doing it? Who
gives a rats ass if they are sitting on the patio, then they decided to get
up and get something to drink? Do I really care?! Nope, I don't. That's
why you'll never find me on Facebook or Tweeting.

OB Cats: Persia let me sleep in this morning until 7:05! She was so sweet,
she came down from snoozing on the pillows over my head but she didn't tap
my nose until 7:15. She just hunkered down and purred next to me. Then when
I was stirring she made sure it was food time! But I got a good nights'
sleep last night, which is a good thing.

Jill

Old February 5th 10, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

As with Facebook, It makes absolute no sense to me to "Twitter". I know
it's the latest greatest thing. But do I really want to have everyone
comment on what someone is doing at the exact moment they are doing it? Who
gives a rats ass if they are sitting on the patio, then they decided to get
up and get something to drink? Do I really care?! Nope, I don't. That's
why you'll never find me on Facebook or Tweeting.

OB Cats: Persia let me sleep in this morning until 7:05! She was so sweet,
she came down from snoozing on the pillows over my head but she didn't tap
my nose until 7:15. She just hunkered down and purred next to me. Then when
I was stirring she made sure it was food time! But I got a good nights'
sleep last night, which is a good thing.

Actually, the second paragraph of your post would be a typical Facebook
post.

I like reading FB posts from RPCA'ers - probably because they're often
about cats. And I like reading about Marina's cooking adventures - I've
gotten some good ideas from them, too.

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it.
Old February 5th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

So much so that I have to wonder if that second paragraph was meant
to be tongue in cheek.

I seldom post the 'what I'm doing right now' thing on face book
unless someone asks what I've been up to lately.

I enjoy it as a lot of my family members have pages. Its a way for
us to keep up with each other on a casual basis. Also gets a bit
interesting as the younger family members tend to forget that us old
folk are lurking there too.

It's nice being able to keep up with my brother's kids and my
sister's kids and their families. Also allows me to get to know a
sort of granddaughter and her kids who live on the opposite coast.

Jo

Old February 5th 10, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Jofirey typed:
wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I like bein gable to keep up with fellow RPCAers and a few other people I
don't see as often as I like.

talking about every day mundane stuff via FB makes me feel closer to those
people I would liek to see far more often.

Yowie

Old February 5th 10, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

wrote in message

Jill wrote:

OB Cats: Persia let me sleep in this morning until 7:05! She
was so sweet,
she came down from snoozing on the pillows over my head but she
didn't tap
my nose until 7:15. She just hunkered down and purred next to me.
Then when
I was stirring she made sure it was food time! But I got a good
nights'
sleep last night, which is a good thing.

Actually, the second paragraph of your post would be a typical
Facebook post.

So much so that I have to wonder if that second paragraph was meant
to be tongue in cheek.

Could be... but it's a pretty typical RPCA post, too.

Joyce

--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
Old February 5th 10, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Jofirey" wrote in message

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I don't spend much time on Facebook, but since my sister had her son
"friend" me, I'm able to keep up with his Steam Punk activities. He and his
wife are really into it, and they actually have had a number of paying gigs.
Apparently it pays quite well, but they aren't making much of a profit
because they keep spending it on various equipment.

Joy

Old February 5th 10, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

I don't spend much time on Facebook, but since my sister had her son
"friend" me, I'm able to keep up with his Steam Punk activities. He and his
wife are really into it, and they actually have had a number of paying gigs.
Apparently it pays quite well, but they aren't making much of a profit
because they keep spending it on various equipment.

I thought Steam Punk was a genre of fiction - a type of science fiction/
fantasy. How does one have "gigs" doing it? I'm intrigued!

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old February 5th 10, 10:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

I don't spend much time on Facebook, but since my sister had her son
"friend" me, I'm able to keep up with his Steam Punk activities. He and his
wife are really into it, and they actually have had a number of paying gigs.
Apparently it pays quite well, but they aren't making much of a profit
because they keep spending it on various equipment.

Never mind. "Steam Punk" must be the name of their band, right? Time
for bed...

Joyce

Old February 5th 10, 10:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

I don't spend much time on Facebook, but since my sister had her son
"friend" me, I'm able to keep up with his Steam Punk activities. He and
his
wife are really into it, and they actually have had a number of paying
gigs.
Apparently it pays quite well, but they aren't making much of a profit
because they keep spending it on various equipment.

Never mind. "Steam Punk" must be the name of their band, right? Time
for bed...

Joyce

No, actually you were closer the first time. If you Google "steam punk" you
can find definitions and information about it. I'll try to find a video of
them, and I'll post the url. It will have to be tomorrow, though. It's
past my bedtime.

Joy

Old February 5th 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 1:52*am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

Another use - a local real ale pub uses it to announce what their guest
beers are and what changes they've made to the food menu.

That's a good idea- I know the manager of the "Bells" is online so I
might mention it to him

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs