??????

Old September 11th 05, 06:49 PM
Hazel Baker

Default ??????

Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am on
Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people with
pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

Old September 11th 05, 07:02 PM
Christine K.

Hazel Baker wrote:
Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am on
Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people with
pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

You can go thru Google Groups - http://groups.google.com/ - and find the
newsgroup there. Or, if you have a newsreader (eg. Agent, Gravity) or an
email+newsprogram (eg. Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Netscape,
etc.), you'd need to set up the newsgroup account (eg. with newsgroups
your ISP provides) similarly to how you've set up your email account.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 11th 05, 07:04 PM
wafflycat

"Hazel Baker" wrote in message
Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am on
Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people with
pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

Well, it's not a forum - it's not Internet based. It's a newsgroup on
Usenet. I've seen postings via webtv on newsgroups in the past, but as I
don't have web tv, I don't know the details of how to post via web tv.

Cheers, helen s

Old September 11th 05, 07:13 PM
Adrian

Hazel Baker wrote:
Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am
on Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people
with pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

Probably not the best time to ask, most of the members seam to be lying
low for a while, until the troll flooding this group moves on.

I access the group from my ISP's news server using Outlook Express. If
your daughters ISP doesn't have a news server there are alternatives,
like, www.news.individual.net Alternativly several people use Google
Groops. HTH
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 11th 05, 08:28 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Hazel Baker wrote:
Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am on
Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people with
pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

Hi Hazel:

To Google:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

To TalkAboutPets:

http://www.talkaboutpets.com/group/r...ats.anecdotes/

Hope she can use one or the other. Since Google seems to have picked
up some "bugs", you may want to tell her to start at talkabout.

Hope that helps

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old September 11th 05, 11:50 PM
Kwwaaaazeeeee Kaaaaatzzz

Hazel Baker bent over and whined:

Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am on
Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people with
pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

****ing stupid DweebTver. Post some naked pics of your daughter and I
might help you out.
Old September 11th 05, 11:54 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Hazel Baker wrote:

Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am on
Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people with
pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

I suscribe to a news-server (I think that's the term) called
Newsguy. My ISP offers newsgroup access, but with
Newswguy I can read newsgroups from my computer at work,
too, which I cannot via earthlink. Newsguy does have an
anuual charge, but it's not very much. However, there are
free ones out there, too.

Old September 12th 05, 02:54 AM
jmcquown

Adrian wrote:
Hazel Baker wrote:
Hi All~~~
My daughter, Linda, who lives in Vermont would like to be able to
get to RPCA but there is no url for it that I can give her since I am
on Webtv and for an address I get Webtv.networks. How do you people
with pcs enter this forum? Any help would be appreciated.......
Hazel, Thomas' Meowmie

Probably not the best time to ask, most of the members seam to be
lying low for a while, until the troll flooding this group moves on.

I access the group from my ISP's news server using Outlook Express. If
your daughters ISP doesn't have a news server there are alternatives,
like, www.news.individual.net Alternativly several people use Google
Groops. HTH

I signed up for individual.net and use it in combination with OE. Since
that happy meeting of software this morning, I am no longer bothered by the
flooding

Jill

Old September 12th 05, 03:08 AM
meee

jmcquown wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Hazel Baker wrote:
[...]

i just press the block button and i don't see a thing!!