Urgent purrs needed; Odessa's gone AWOL...

Old October 20th 04, 08:40 PM
Yoj

"Singh" wrote in message
...and i don't even let my cats out.

this morning the others decided it was integration time, and all went
well. Odessa went exploring, and we haven't seen her since she ran

into
the basement. I'm scared out of my mind. I know there are exposed
rafters down there and i'm scared she's somehow gone into the wall and
could starve herself or something. I am so ashamed of myself, I

thought
I was being responsible to my cats. And I have learned something else
too. I can come onto this site and give lots of nice little messages

people about praying and remaining calm, and you know what? I am
horrible at taking my own damn advice. If something happens to her I

don
't know what I'll do to myself. Louie left after lunch practically
calling me everything but female for her disappearing. How can you

lose
a cat in your own house? She's very small, seven pounds at the most.
Hopefully if she did get into the wall or the rafters she has the good
sense, and the good figure, to get herself out again. I'm beside

myself.
I love that little girl. Please, any spare purrs for this frantic
cat-mama?

Blessed be,
Baha

Purrs are on their way, Baha. Cats are very good at finding hiding
places, and usually they're good at getting out of them when they're
good and ready.

The evening before I had to take Skeeter for her last visit to TED, she
disappeared. I have a cat door, so I didn't even know for sure whether
she was inside or out. I searched both house and yard thoroughly, and
didn't find her. I finally had to go to bed, but I was frantic, and
didn't sleep much. The next morning my daughter came to take me to a
medical procedure. I told her about Skeeter's disappearance, and she
did her own search. She finally found her in the guest room closet. It
has sliding doors, with no stops, so the door can be pushed inward, far
enough for a cat to get inside.

We're in Southern California, and you may remember we had a big
earthquake several years ago. My daughter's cats are strictly indoor
cats, and one of them disappeared. The next day they found her hiding
inside the back of the washing machine.

I'm betting Odessa will turn up when she wants to - probably when she
gets hungry. In the meantime, calming purrs are coming your way.

Joy

Old October 20th 04, 08:48 PM
Christina Websell

OMG, Baha. Don't panic (hahaha) This is what I would do, put a plate of
yummy food in the basement, if she's hiding up somewhere she'll eat it
perhaps in the night, and you'll notice it gone.
If she can get into the rafters, she can surely get out. Is there any way
she can get to the outside? If not, you have an almost 100% chance of
getting her back.
She is not stupid. If she is hungry, she'll come for the food overnight,
and then perhaps you need to think about borrowing a trap. If she is stuck,
and has a voice (unlike Kitty) she will yowl when she cannot get out and is
hungry/thirsty.
All is not lost. You are not a bad mommy, okay?

Purrs for her safe return soon.

Tweed

"Singh" wrote in message
...and i don't even let my cats out.

this morning the others decided it was integration time, and all went
well. Odessa went exploring, and we haven't seen her since she ran into
the basement. I'm scared out of my mind. I know there are exposed
rafters down there and i'm scared she's somehow gone into the wall and
could starve herself or something. I am so ashamed of myself, I thought
I was being responsible to my cats. And I have learned something else
too. I can come onto this site and give lots of nice little messages to

Old October 20th 04, 08:54 PM
CatNipped

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Try to stay calm, Baha, Odessa will be fine. She is probably just too
frightened to come out right now. As soon as everyone has settled down or
gone to sleep she will creep out again to eat and use the litter box. It's
*NOT* your fault - this sounds like a b#st%rd cat trick to me. When cats
don't want to be found they *WON'T* be found.

Calming purrs for you and "quit scaring your mommy" purrs to Odessa.

Hugs,

CatNipped