Chigger Bites

Old June 30th 04, 06:10 PM
Charleen Welton

Default Chigger Bites

Thank you everyone for all the chigger bite information. Thankfully, it
all comes back to the fingernail polish which will do away with the itch
and then be washed away with showers or cold running stream baths!!

Charleen
and the cats who want no part of camping!

Old June 30th 04, 07:56 PM
Yowie

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
Thank you everyone for all the chigger bite information. Thankfully, it
all comes back to the fingernail polish which will do away with the itch
and then be washed away with showers or cold running stream baths!!

Do I want to know what chiggers are?

Yowie (whatever they are, we don't have them here. Only deadly snakes,
spiders, fish, jellyfish, crocs...)

Old June 30th 04, 09:12 PM
Sherry

Thank you everyone for all the chigger bite information. Thankfully, it
all comes back to the fingernail polish which will do away with the itch

Thank *you* for the reminder. My mom used to put fingernail polish on us. I
wish Id remembered that after the recent chigger attack....It was miserable
for a week.

Sherry

Old July 1st 04, 01:31 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:56:59 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
. ..
Thank you everyone for all the chigger bite information. Thankfully, it
all comes back to the fingernail polish which will do away with the itch
and then be washed away with showers or cold running stream baths!!

Do I want to know what chiggers are?

Yowie (whatever they are, we don't have them here. Only deadly snakes,
spiders, fish, jellyfish, crocs...)

It's a kind of mite. Some sources I've seen say they're most common in
the southern US, but I can tell you from experience that they're in
the midwestern US in large numbers too! g

This is a link kids health site aimed at kids, but it also provides a
very understandable explanation about chiggers, what they do, how to
deal with their bites, and how to avoid them.

http://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/aches/chigger.html

(it's 3 short pages, so don't forget to click the Next Page links ^_^)

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

Old July 1st 04, 03:19 AM
Jo Firey

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
Thank you everyone for all the chigger bite information. Thankfully,

it
all comes back to the fingernail polish which will do away with the

itch
and then be washed away with showers or cold running stream baths!!

Do I want to know what chiggers are?

Yowie (whatever they are, we don't have them here. Only deadly snakes,
spiders, fish, jellyfish, crocs...)

Probably not. I've never even had contact with one and I itch just from
reading about them.

Jo