My Tribute to Spook

Old October 14th 03, 02:46 AM
KS

Anti Kami, dat waz da bestist tribyewt weez hav effur hurd. sniff sniff
Weez will neffur effur forgit hur. An weez node dat owr liddle Sisfur waz
der wen she arrifed to show hur ware da airplain field iz.

DaRennieKidz

Thanks Rennies. Those were good adventures that Spook and Zoe shared. sssniff

Antie Kami

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com
Old October 20th 03, 09:40 PM
JGW

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:20:30 GMT, KS
wrote:

Sept. 15, 2003: Spook, my best friend, my heart and my soul mate, with the
biggest cat purrsona I've ever met, suddenly and unexpectedly went to the
Rainbow Bridge. This is my Tribute to her.

[gently shredded]

I wud like to say a few words about Spook. She wuz one of my bestest
frends. I loved Spook. She wuz so much fun to play wif. She drove
me nuts wen she wuz a liddle kitten an wantid to fly a plane I wuz
piloting. She wuz da epitome of a mischievous kitten an even though
she drove me nuts, I had to admire her spunk. She turned into a furry
fine pilot indeed an even taught other cats how to fly. She wuz one
of da few cats who actually travelled to go to a Clowder. An she wuz
always reddy for a gudgud time. I miss her furry much.

An (turning to Auntie Kami) I'ze so furry sorry, Anti Kami dat she
hadda go to RB so soon. We'ze still got da purrs goin for yoo.

Miranda-banda Shaman Cat Heeler an Priestess of Bast, climin into her
anti's lap an purrin an kneading

Old October 20th 03, 09:41 PM
JGW

wrote:

Sept. 15, 2003: Spook, my best friend, my heart and my soul mate, with the
biggest cat purrsona I've ever met, suddenly and unexpectedly went to the
Rainbow Bridge. This is my Tribute to her.

To my dearest, wonderful and oh so beautiful Tortie cat Spook.

[gently shredded]

Sniff. BOOHOOHOOHOO. Dat wuz beautiful Anti Kami an effury word
troo. Spook wuz an amazing cat.

Miranda-banda

Old October 20th 03, 10:36 PM
KS

I wud like to say a few words about Spook. She wuz one of my bestest
frends. I loved Spook. She wuz so much fun to play wif. She drove
me nuts wen she wuz a liddle kitten an wantid to fly a plane I wuz
piloting. She wuz da epitome of a mischievous kitten an even though
she drove me nuts, I had to admire her spunk. She turned into a furry
fine pilot indeed an even taught other cats how to fly. She wuz one
of da few cats who actually travelled to go to a Clowder. An she wuz
always reddy for a gudgud time. I miss her furry much.

An (turning to Auntie Kami) I'ze so furry sorry, Anti Kami dat she
hadda go to RB so soon. We'ze still got da purrs goin for yoo.

Miranda-banda Shaman Cat Heeler an Priestess of Bast, climin into her
anti's lap an purrin an kneading

That was beautiful, Miranda, thank you.

Antie Kami, scritching the beautiful black cat

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com

Old October 23rd 03, 03:00 AM
Miss Violette

My heart breaks for you, soft
KS wrote in message
Sept. 15, 2003: Spook, my best friend, my heart and my soul mate, with

the
biggest cat purrsona I've ever met, suddenly and unexpectedly went to the
Rainbow Bridge. This is my Tribute to her.

To my dearest, wonderful and oh so beautiful Tortie cat Spook.

Words can't express how much I loved you, how my heart aches that you're

no
longer in my life, and how empty my life is without you. I loved every

day that
we had, but I'm sad and angry that it ended so abruptly, way too soon.

You were
still a baby, a 5-1/2 year old kitten.

You were so happy and content, knowing how to enjoy life to its fullest.

You
were like a 2 year old child.

We first met when I missed my bus to work. I don't know how you got there,

by a
school, only 3-4 months old. You were happily playing, and when you went

onto
the wheel of the truck, I knew you wouldn't be safe. I first took you

across the
street to a small park, and tried to walk away, but you wouldn't let me

leave.
You kept running in front of me and rubbing my legs and lying on your

back. I
knew I couldn't leave you. You happily rode home on my shoulder.

You had to stay at the vet for a couple of days because you had ear mites,

and
then I was going to find a home for you. But you totally stole my heart,

and I
knew I couldn't part with you.

I remember your first night here, when you gave my hair a full massage,

purring
the whole time.

I remember your first meeting with Gizmo, when he spent a good 10 minutes
telling you the rules here, making all sorts of strange noises. You

politely sat
in front of him and listened. You were so tiny next to him, and grew to be

more
than twice his size.

I remember your first meal here, when you took your place on the side of

my
opposite those of the other cats. Did you know that was the best place?

For awhile, I was your "home base" for activities. While I was at the

computer,
you'd lie on the table in front of the keyboard. From there, you'd chase

after
one of the other cats, then return to your position in front of me. Back

and
forth, back and forth.

I remember you wanting to touch me with your paw when you were a kitten. I

loved
that. More recently, when you were on the back of the chair, you rested

your paw
on my shoulder. I loved and miss that.

You always let me hold and gently "shake" your paw, so unusual for a cat.

I miss
doing this, especially when you were sitting on your butt on the arm

chair, with
your arm extended.

You knew how to enjoy life and have fun. You knew how to play even by

yourself,
and I miss your soft chirping mews when you were doing so; and then

stopped when
I came to you.

I love and miss so very much watching you on the floor, a chair or the

bed,
stretched out on your back, with your front paws up in the air and curled,
giving me that "Look how cute I am" look. You knew when I needed a laugh,

and
you knew how to make me laugh. And maybe you were laughing at me.

I love and miss your standing against me asking to be picked up and held,
including when I'd get home.

I miss so much holding you in my arms and feeling your soft fur. You would

start
out high on my shoulder, then slip down a notch, and then we'd look in

each
other's eyes.

I love and miss how you would lie by my side, very intentionally lifting

your
rear leg over and onto my arm. And how you'd lie on the table in front of

the
keyboard, often on my hands while I was trying to type.

I love and miss the way you stood up by me when I was on the computer

chair, and
put your paw on my arm, asking for attention.

I remember the times I was bent over and you'd jump on my back, and lie

there.

I love and miss the way you went after the atomic ball, often jumping into

the
air and grabbing it with both paws, or running after it full speed when it
rolled out of the living room.

I love and miss how you stayed by my head, sometimes pacing, when I was on

my
belly looking for your atomic ball under furniture. I always felt your

happiness
that I was doing this for you. You were always sure that I'd find it, and

think you were disappointed when I didn't.

I love and miss how you managed to get to your toys when I had them on a
cabinet, especially the toys on a wand/stick, and bring them down to the

floor,
and the smaller ones onto my bed.

I love and miss Spook the Shredderer. I let you shred paper towels because

you
were so cute doing it.

I love and miss your backwards headbutts, into my "middle," that you did
standing up against the kitchen sink in front of me.

I love and miss when I'd be preparing food for myself, you'd put your paw

on my
arm and pull it towards you to smell what it is. You had to know. This was

the
last thing I saw you do, at about midnight the night before. You seemed

okay
then.

Soy cheese. You thought it was the real thing.

I love and miss so much your cuddling with me on the comfy chair, altho I

never
liked your biting. I do miss your kneeding on me, even though it was often

on my
bare skin.

I love and miss your jumping into that chair over the arm, landing on your

back,
and grabbing the arm with your nails, then lying on your back on the

chair. You
were so funny!

I love and miss all the funny positions you had on the chair, often

sitting on
your butt, even while grooming. And if not grooming, putting your arm on

the arm
of the chair. I bet you were imitating the way I sit! I especially love

when you
leaned over the arm of the chair, with your arm outstretched, and I would

shake
your paw.

It was only in the previous few months when I introduced you to grooming
brushes. You all but grabbed the brush from my hand, letting me know in no
uncertain terms how much you loved it.

I love and miss how you wanted to grab and bite my hand when you were on

your
back, but you were never fast enough. I bet that was intentional.

I love and miss your burrowing under the blankets, and curling up into a

ball.
I'd lift part of it to make sure you were breathing, and you looked so

damn cute
from your little blanket hole. You'd often kneed, in your own lying down
position, while in there, and sometimes I'd feel the soft presses against

my
body.

I love and miss playing "ferocious" with you, once I knew to wrap my hand

in a
thick blanket. I loved the ferocious look you'd have on your face. The

first
time I did that, you purrrred your heart out, because you loved to hold

onto my
hand and kick and bite. You were a terrific "rabbit kicker."

I love and miss the way you always knew when I was changing the bed linen,

even
if you were napping in the living room, and you always got under the

bottom
sheet so I couldn't finish the job. Only the last time, you just sat

there. It
wasn't a strong enough way to tell me that something was wrong. I think

you
didn't want me to know, did you?

I love and miss your game of shower curtain boxing, with you batting the

curtain
at me from in or on the tub, and grab my hand.

I love and miss how you stood up with your claws in the screen door,

watching me
when I was on the terrace. I'm now treasuring all the little holes you

left.

I love and miss the way you'd suddenly run from room to room. And

sometimes
follow me from room to room. And come to me when I called your name.

I love and miss that you were never afraid of the vacuum cleaner, so

unusual for
a cat. You were always so interested in what I was doing. I remember when

you
let me "vacuum" you.

I now miss the sound of empty soda bottles falling off the fridge. I knew

this
meant that you were in the cabinets above. Sure, I yelled at you to get

out, but
I loved that you did this.

I love and miss how you always made yourself comfortable among all the

stuff on
the big table, whenever I started looking for something on it. You wanted

to be
near me, and I loved that.

I loved how you jumped up to reach my hand when it was on a light switch.

I now miss you jumping into a carrier when I was trying to get another cat

in.

I loved so much how you always charmed other people.

When the pet sitter, Leslie, was here for the first time, I was sitting at

the
computer, and she sat on a chair next to me. You got onto and lied on the

top of
the chair, intently watching and listening, like you were part of our

meeting.

I remember when someone was in our apartment for business reasons. When he

tried
to write something and leaned on the table, you jumped up to see what he

had.
Then he moved away, and you jumped back on the floor. Then he went back to

the
table, and so did you.

When you were at the vet at the Animal Medical Center, only two weeks

before you
left me, the vet admired your personality, behavior and furs. When she was
finished with you and examining Bootsie, you were allowed to be loose in

the
exam room. You actively explored it, occasionally rubbing against the

vet's
legs, and even jumped up on the table while Bootsie was being examined.

When I
put both carriers on the exam table, you jumped up and got into the

smaller,
hard one which you came in. After a minute, I took you out and put you in

the
soft, larger carrier. But you got right out and went back into the hard

one, and
stayed there, facing front and looking content, even when the vet returned

with
Bootsie. It was obvious you were saying, let's go home.

You enjoyed your life to the fullest, but you were robbed of a full life.

If
there was anything I could have done to keep you alive longer, I would

have.

And, Spook, you were incredibly beautiful, with a very expressive face,
beautiful eyes, and the cutest little mouth.

But most important, my sweet and wonderful Spook, you made me feel

important to
you, for more than just food, shelter and skritches.

There'll never be another cat like you. There can't be. Gawd, I miss you.

Your Mom.

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com