Bathing Buster

Old July 17th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Bathing Buster

We are having lots of trouble with fleas. It's a constant battle. And
Buster is especially sensitive.

So a little while ago, I gave him a flea bath. He struggled, but I
kept those fish hook claws away from all my poor tender parts.

He did start to calm down after a bit, as fleas dropped off into the
rinse water.

Finally, I dried him and cuddled him. He leaned hard into my shoulder
and both whined and purred to me.

When I spread out the towel and sat him down, I told him, "I hope
that's better, poor baby." He just glared at me and said, "I'm all
WET, you pervert. Now leave me alone."

You just can't win (grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 17th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chakolate

Mark Edwards wrote in news:12bnri1dk8vjr26
@news.supernews.com:

We are having lots of trouble with fleas. It's a constant battle. And
Buster is especially sensitive.

Try giving him brewer's yeast tablets. They're supposed to help keep the
fleas off, but they don't do much when there's already an infestation.

Oh, and my cats *love* them. As in, come running when I shake the
bottle, shoulder each other out of the way, Love Them.

Chak

--
English is a brawling, promiscuous drunkard of a language made up of
mispronounced and stolen words from other languages, and that's what
Old July 17th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

We are having lots of trouble with fleas. It's a constant battle. And
Buster is especially sensitive.

So a little while ago, I gave him a flea bath. He struggled, but I
kept those fish hook claws away from all my poor tender parts.

He did start to calm down after a bit, as fleas dropped off into the
rinse water.

Finally, I dried him and cuddled him. He leaned hard into my shoulder
and both whined and purred to me.

When I spread out the towel and sat him down, I told him, "I hope
that's better, poor baby." He just glared at me and said, "I'm all
WET, you pervert. Now leave me alone."

You just can't win (grin).

Ah, but when he stops itching, he won't let you know it, but he'll
appreciate it! :~)

kili

Old July 17th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:08:33 -0000, Mark Edwards
yodeled:

We are having lots of trouble with fleas. It's a constant battle. And
Buster is especially sensitive.

So a little while ago, I gave him a flea bath. He struggled, but I
kept those fish hook claws away from all my poor tender parts.

He did start to calm down after a bit, as fleas dropped off into the
rinse water.

Finally, I dried him and cuddled him. He leaned hard into my shoulder
and both whined and purred to me.

When I spread out the towel and sat him down, I told him, "I hope
that's better, poor baby." He just glared at me and said, "I'm all
WET, you pervert. Now leave me alone."

You just can't win (grin).

I love your stories about your kitties. They're such a lovable bunch.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 18th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

We are having lots of trouble with fleas. It's a constant battle. And
Buster is especially sensitive.

So a little while ago, I gave him a flea bath. He struggled, but I
kept those fish hook claws away from all my poor tender parts.

He did start to calm down after a bit, as fleas dropped off into the
rinse water.

Finally, I dried him and cuddled him. He leaned hard into my shoulder
and both whined and purred to me.

When I spread out the towel and sat him down, I told him, "I hope
that's better, poor baby." He just glared at me and said, "I'm all
WET, you pervert. Now leave me alone."

You just can't win (grin).

I can't even imagine bathing either of my cats. Kitty FC would slash me to
pieces and Boyfriend would faint away into a coma.
I get this great stuff from my vet. It's called Stronghold and it's a spot
on the neck job. It kills off any body parasites including ear mites and
intestinal worms and fleas/lice/anything.
It's not cheap but worth the money IMO.

Tweed

Old July 19th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rico

In article , wrote:

We are having lots of trouble with fleas. It's a constant battle. And
Buster is especially sensitive.

So a little while ago, I gave him a flea bath. He struggled, but I
kept those fish hook claws away from all my poor tender parts.

He did start to calm down after a bit, as fleas dropped off into the
rinse water.

Finally, I dried him and cuddled him. He leaned hard into my shoulder
and both whined and purred to me.

When I spread out the towel and sat him down, I told him, "I hope
that's better, poor baby." He just glared at me and said, "I'm all
WET, you pervert. Now leave me alone."

You just can't win (grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

You will likely have flea eggs in the carpets and furniture. To treat and
not harm the furry one, 20 Mule Team Borax sprinkled liberally on the
carpet. Then with a broom gently sweep it a round a bit. Wait about half
and hour or so and vaccum like normal. Repeat again in a few days. Should
get on top of the problem. Again note this will not harm Buster even if he
eats the borax by the spoonful. It might give him an upset tummy at worst,
though I would confine him in another room while this is going on just to
keep him out of the way. But the borax ruins a flea egg's entire day.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.