Buster's questionable diet

Old June 26th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Default Buster's questionable diet

Wow Tak, if he really ate all of that and he's throwing up -- I'd take
him into the vet right away for an x-ray.

Here's one vet site that mentions cats eating strange things:
http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/042904a.htm

I hope he's okay.

Rhonda

Takayuki wrote:
As you all know, Buster is an energetic kitty who loves to play and
pounce. He and Dot are still at the stage where she hisses at him
through the screen, and he launches himself at her. He's very
acrobatic.

So I've been playing with him a lot using the cat charmer, but he also
happens to have a cat dancer with him in his own room. It's a dancer
that used to belong to Betty, but look at what he's done with it!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/P1000160s.jpg

I practically panicked when I saw that stub of toy while vacuuming his
room - there are no streamer strands to be found! I see why he's
thrown up twice the past two days! Look at how long the tassels on
this toy used to be:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/toys.html

Okay, I know I had previously overreacted with Dot when I took her to
get a butt exam, so for now I'll keep an eye on Buster's output, but
I'm a bit worried.

Old June 26th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:
Marina wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
I practically panicked when I saw that stub of toy while vacuuming his
room - there are no streamer strands to be found! I see why he's
thrown up twice the past two days! Look at how long the tassels on
this toy used to be:

Oh my. That is alarming. Purrs that he didn't eat them whole.

When I saw that, my first thought was that he had Calibanized it.

Yes, it's been well and truly calibanized.

There used to be a cat toy hanging from my old cat tree, a small piece
of wood covered with carpet hanging from a rope. Nikki used to play with
it vigorously from time to time, but he never managed to remove it. When
I got Caliban, it lasted a few days, then he had opened the knot that
tied it to a metal loop on the tree. He had also removed part of the
carpet by that time, though Nikki never managed to even rip it.

Old June 26th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Tak, it's better not to leave toys with hanging strings, streamers,
ribbons, etc with a kitty who isn't being supervised. It looks
like Buster has eaten a lot of those streamers. If he chewed them
off an inch at a time, then it is probably ok. If he chewed it off
in long pieces, there is a possibility that a streamer could get
caught up in his intestines. If so then he would have to have surgery
to remove it. If Buster starts throwing up, won't eat, or isn't
pooping normally, take him to TED right away.

Roger that! I haven't seen anything shiny come out the back end yet -
just normal poops. I suspect he vomited it up the front end, but he's
so polite that he mostly threw up in the litter box, so I had already
scooped it and thrown it away!

I'm so glad that you've adopted Buster and Dot. No one will replace
Betty, but they are bringing joy into your home again!

I don't know if all this running back and forth and fretting over them
and separating them is joy.

But I am glad to have a tuxedo girl in the house again - this feeling
was unexpected - I'll have to try to explain it sometime.

There is just something right about it isn't there? We have almost always
had two cats in the house. One boy, always a Siamese, and one girl, usually
a tabby of sorts. When we have that we seem to have a balance that is right
for us.

We each have to find that place that feels right.

Jo