Can you believe it? OT

Old April 20th 12, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

Default Can you believe it? OT

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
in message ...
I have to yet another operation...

I need a big hug

{{{{{{ Tweed }}}}}}

Just a *little* virtual hug from me.

--
MatSav

That's a first!

Indeed it is. I don't usually 'do' touchy-feely, virtual or
otherwise - unless there's a cat involved :-) - and I don't "wear
my heart on my sleeve" - but it *is* there, hidden away.
Sometimes, it breaks out - f'rinstance, I sent Brook a card when
she was in hospital, and I have been known to write a bit of
prose as well (it's out there in the RPCA archive, somewhere).

--
MatSav

Old April 22nd 12, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

am sorry, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I have to yet another operation.
I went to see my shoulder surgeon at the LRI today to get the results of
my
ultrasound and nerve conduction tests that I had done a while ago.
The ultrasound was to see if the ligaments were intact and they are, so
good
news there. The nerve conduction test showed that I have nerves trapped
in
my wrist and behind my elbow and I have to have surgery to release them.
He
says it's not an option to leave it.
Oh, joy! Just when I was beginning to get my life back from all my
previous
operations :-(
This is nothing to do with my shoulder function, the nerve test also
showed
extensive damage to a bunch of nerves at the base of my neck that control
the raising of my arm and although he says there is evidence from the test
that these nerves are showing some signs of recovery (and nerve recovery
he
said today can take up to 2 and half years) he also said realistically
that
it is unlikely that I will ever be able to raise my arm right up ever
again.
Nüle calls me "lucky Tina" in a sarcastic way.

So I get my nerve tests for my shoulder and it shows whole new problems
that
I need surgery for.
The consultant said "how did you do this injury, again?" I said I fell
over my cat. He said "you had a severe injury at the time and now it's
coming to light that it's worse that we thought"
I said I must have almost bankrupted the NHS fund I paid into through my
wages, just in the last ten years.
He said "if you run into trouble, healthwise, it is not your fault"
Aw, he was so nice today. I've seen him 3 or 4 times and once he was
quite
nasty. Maybe he just had a bad day, but I came out of that consultation
and
cried.
Anyway, he says his waiting list is 3 months but he thinks he can fit me
in
as a day case sooner. Can't wait :-((

I am such an unfortunate child. I feel that if there is an operation
available, I somehow have my hand up for it - Me - Me, I want that!

I need a big hug

Tweed