Our newest Fur-Baby needs a name!!!! PLEASE help!!! :)

Old July 13th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

Default Our newest Fur-Baby needs a name!!!! PLEASE help!!! :)

On 12 Jul 2006 20:02:25 -0700, "Nany4Baby" wrote:

Okay - we need to name our 4th fur-baby. He is a beautiful brown/black
tabby/siamese mix (maybe abysinian too) with gorgeous blue eyes and a
very unique patterning - the tabby patterning is only on his head and
one half of his body the other side is all white. He is already proving

to be quite the mischief maker, but we do not want to call him
mischief. Any good names of mischievous characters - fantasy, sci-fi,
literature??? We are seriously considering Puck, and possibly Radar
(due to his huge ears) but I would love some other suggestions. Poor
thing, he's been home almost 3 full days and he is still nameless!!
HELP!!!!! And thanks ahead of time!!!

*Shahar*
"the best sound in the world is the loud purr of a warm cat in your
lap!"

Danforth Quentin Cat (Dandy) after Danforth Quentin Dog VI (Dandy) in
the Dandy and Company on-line comic strip
(http://www.dandyandcompany.com/).

Either that or Loki Laufeyjarson
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki_Laufeyiarson).

--
T.E.D. )
Old July 13th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

You know, "Spock" comes to mind. Distinctive ears, and parentage from
different lines. Half Vulcan, half human. It is a fascinating
question. And a logical answer would be desirable.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...

Old July 13th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

From the blue eyes:
- Sapphire or Steel
(from an old sci-fi tv-show called Sapphire and Steel)
- Sinatra, Frankie - Old Blue Eyes

From the mischievousness I also first thought of Loki, but Yowie beat
me to it. But how about:
- Joker
- Jester
- Trixy
- Mr. Chief (can't be a Miss Chief - mischief - if it's a boy)
- Carrey (Jim...)
- Riddler

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 13th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi

On 12 Jul 2006 20:02:25 -0700, "Nany4Baby" wrote:

Okay - we need to name our 4th fur-baby. He is a beautiful brown/black
tabby/siamese mix (maybe abysinian too) with gorgeous blue eyes and a
very unique patterning - the tabby patterning is only on his head and
one half of his body the other side is all white. He is already proving

to be quite the mischief maker, but we do not want to call him
mischief. Any good names of mischievous characters - fantasy, sci-fi,
literature??? We are seriously considering Puck, and possibly Radar
(due to his huge ears) but I would love some other suggestions. Poor
thing, he's been home almost 3 full days and he is still nameless!!
HELP!!!!! And thanks ahead of time!!!

*Shahar*
"the best sound in the world is the loud purr of a warm cat in your
lap!"

How about T'Kay, the Vulcan trickster god? He is mentioned by Spock in
the book, Uhura's Song.
Old July 14th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Nany4Baby wrote:

to be quite the mischief maker, but we do not want to call him
mischief. Any good names of mischievous characters - fantasy, sci-fi,
literature??? We are seriously considering Puck, and possibly Radar
(due to his huge ears) but I would love some other suggestions. Poor
thing, he's been home almost 3 full days and he is still nameless!!
HELP!!!!! And thanks ahead of time!!!

Pippin? He was the most curious and mischievous of the Hobbits in Lord
of the Rings. I think he was also one of the most hobbit like (to me)
and under-rated of the lot.

Pam S.
Old July 15th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Nany4Baby wrote:

Okay - we need to name our 4th fur-baby. He is a beautiful brown/black
tabby/siamese mix (maybe abysinian too) with gorgeous blue eyes and a
very unique patterning - the tabby patterning is only on his head and
one half of his body the other side is all white. He is already proving

to be quite the mischief maker, but we do not want to call him
mischief. Any good names of mischievous characters - fantasy, sci-fi,
literature??? We are seriously considering Puck, and possibly Radar
(due to his huge ears) but I would love some other suggestions. Poor
thing, he's been home almost 3 full days and he is still nameless!!
HELP!!!!! And thanks ahead of time!!!

*Shahar*
"the best sound in the world is the loud purr of a warm cat in your
lap!"

Congrats on the new baby - no idea about the name unfortunately.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 18th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Mishi wrote
[...]

On my Catpage there are lists of everyone who posts to the various Cat
Newsgroups [except people who have not given me their details, of
course]. There are a few hundred of them, and there are over 1000 names
of cats there. See

http://blakjak.com/hpcop_ad.htm

You could try looking at Dave Ratcliffe's Catnames List, with over
6000 names. See

http://www.microserve.com/~dave/catnames.html

Flippy has a list of cat names on her site, provided by people on the
newsgroups, with over 3500 names. See

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/catnames.html

There is a site called "Get a Random Cat Name" and that does just
that, with the name changing every few seconds. Why not visit? See

http://www.alistair.com/catname

Another site with over 15000 names is

http://www.kessels.com/CatNames/index.html
--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

Baby Chips Dave Gerecke Cat anecdotes 0 March 11th 06 07:15 AM
The Silly Cat Survey Enfilade Cat anecdotes 50 July 17th 05 06:45 PM
Baby Bea Integration Pat Cat anecdotes 1 May 14th 05 10:28 PM
cat hates baby Karen Chuplis Cat health & behaviour 45 January 6th 05 12:12 AM