[OT] One More Medical Update

Old July 14th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default [OT] One More Medical Update

My PCP finally got the report from the surgeon and called me *AND* told me
something the surgeon's office failed to mention... along with the kidney
stones, I have numerous cysts on that kidney. That helps explain the big
blob I saw on the x-ray monitor. The nurse I talked to said my PCP was
going to order some more tests, but since I make an appointment with my
urologist he would let him order any tests needed instead.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 14th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
My PCP finally got the report from the surgeon and called me *AND* told me
something the surgeon's office failed to mention... along with the kidney
stones, I have numerous cysts on that kidney. That helps explain the big
blob I saw on the x-ray monitor. The nurse I talked to said my PCP was
going to order some more tests, but since I make an appointment with my
urologist he would let him order any tests needed instead.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Have a few more purrs and hugs. I hope they find out what's up and get on
the way to solving the problem, soon.

Joy

Old July 14th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Joy" wrote in message
. com...
"CatNipped" wrote in message
My PCP finally got the report from the surgeon and called me *AND* told
me
something the surgeon's office failed to mention... along with the kidney
stones, I have numerous cysts on that kidney. That helps explain the big
blob I saw on the x-ray monitor. The nurse I talked to said my PCP was
going to order some more tests, but since I make an appointment with my
urologist he would let him order any tests needed instead.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Have a few more purrs and hugs. I hope they find out what's up and get on
the way to solving the problem, soon.

Joy

Thanks, it's a *LOT* less worrisome a problem than what I feared it was.
I've dealt with kidney stones before, and I've dealt with cysts before
(*LOTS* of times). Neither is life-threatening and the kidney stones, at
least, can be easily treated (lithotripsies, now-a-days, are a one-hour
out-patient procedure). So everyone, thank you so much for your purrs - as
usual they worked their magic.

Now if the job purrs are as successful I'll be on cloud nine! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 14th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

CatNipped wrote:
My PCP finally got the report from the surgeon and called me *AND* told me
something the surgeon's office failed to mention... along with the kidney
stones, I have numerous cysts on that kidney. That helps explain the big
blob I saw on the x-ray monitor. The nurse I talked to said my PCP was
going to order some more tests, but since I make an appointment with my
urologist he would let him order any tests needed instead.

Yow! Purrs that *some* doctor or other can find the root cause and take
care of it ASAP.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 14th 06, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default One More Medical Update

My PCP finally got the report from the surgeon and called me *AND* told me
something the surgeon's office failed to mention... along with the kidney
stones, I have numerous cysts on that kidney.

The furry masters continue to purr.

--Fil

Old July 15th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
My PCP finally got the report from the surgeon and called me *AND* told me
something the surgeon's office failed to mention... along with the kidney
stones, I have numerous cysts on that kidney. That helps explain the big
blob I saw on the x-ray monitor. The nurse I talked to said my PCP was
going to order some more tests, but since I make an appointment with my
urologist he would let him order any tests needed instead.

I'm glad that the information is flowing freely for you now. It sure
is about time! I am a bit confused though - I thought you were
experiencing digestive tract issues? I hope those are getting
resolved too.

Old July 15th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:
My PCP finally got the report from the surgeon and called me *AND* told me
something the surgeon's office failed to mention... along with the kidney
stones, I have numerous cysts on that kidney. That helps explain the big
blob I saw on the x-ray monitor. The nurse I talked to said my PCP was
going to order some more tests, but since I make an appointment with my
urologist he would let him order any tests needed instead.

I'm glad that the information is flowing freely for you now. It sure
is about time! I am a bit confused though - I thought you were
experiencing digestive tract issues? I hope those are getting
resolved too.

I thought so too from the area where the pain is, the swelling in my
stomach, and the problem I've being having "going". But it was the kidney
that I way in the x-ray that was the big blob. Apparently not only does it
have stones in it blocking it up (which is causing the pain), but it also
has cysts on it that made it appear so big in the x-ray (it was either in
front of or behind the intestines and that's why I thought it was something
*in* the intestines - but that was just me misinterpreting what I was
seeing). when my stomach gets full, it's makes that side of my abdomen
swell because of the swollen (or cysts-encased) kidney.

The problem "going" was just a side issue and seems to have been helped by,
of all things, eating prunes rather than taking mega doses of OTC laxatives!
embarrassed toe digging in ground!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 15th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:29:47 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote in message
.. .
"CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

The swollen kidney may have been putting pressure on the intestines,
complicating matters.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 17th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message

The problem "going" was just a side issue and seems to have been helped
by, of all things, eating prunes rather than taking mega doses of OTC
laxatives!

If you don't like prunes much, dried apricots have the same effect. Eat 4
or 5 a day.

embarrassed toe digging in ground!

Why should your toe be embarrassed? ;-)

Tweed

Old July 17th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message

The problem "going" was just a side issue and seems to have been helped
by, of all things, eating prunes rather than taking mega doses of OTC
laxatives!

If you don't like prunes much, dried apricots have the same effect. Eat 4
or 5 a day.

But do not forget what they are and happily munch on a whole bad of dried
apricots while on a long car trip. I love the darn things.

I hated prunes as a child. I really like the soft flavored "dried plums"
you can buy in foil packages now.

A large portion of the French plums used for drying are grown within fifty
miles of my house and are processed about three miles from here. A favorite
treat was created by one of the ranchers, who spent his evenings at harvest
time washing fresh prune plums, sticking Popsicle sticks in them and
throwing them into the freezer. They are a "give away" at the Prune
Festival and really good.

Jo

[OT] Cyclone Larry update Yowie Cat anecdotes 9 March 23rd 06 10:46 AM
[OT] Wilma Update 20A Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 0 October 20th 05 03:07 PM
Update on Nikki (LONG, medical ramblings) Marina Cat anecdotes 18 May 21st 05 06:13 PM
[OT] Yowlet Update Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 December 13th 04 12:25 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 4/4/4 20:30 Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 April 5th 04 11:49 PM