Purrs for Natasha

Old November 6th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default Purrs for Natasha

Thanks to all who offered purrs and good thoughts to my mom for her
recent surgery (she's doing great!)

Now I ask purrs for my furry mistress, Natasha. I was away overnight,
and when I returned home this afternoon she had been sick, was
lethargic, appeared to be straining to have a BM, and had wet
hindquarters smelling faintly of urine. (quite a sad sight) She would
get up and wander over to her water, but after a lick or two just lie
back down.

Since it's Sunday, the only place I could take her was an area
emergency clinic. Quite expensive, but you do tend to get a few
answers quickly. The vet on duty was afraid she was in acute kidney
failure, but the bloodwork said no (the bloodwork was amazingly within
spec - the only item out of spec, I was told, is one of the ones that
does that when there's dehydration. She couldn't get urine because
Tasha's bladder was empty, and thinks that she's been emptying it
slowly while straining to have that BM (and that's why she was wet
too). Her temperature was about 3 degrees F low, and she was
dehydrated. I was told that a symptom of dehydration is lowered
temperature.

(this next bit is a bit graphic)

The vet wanted to do all sorts of x-rays (driving an already
outrageous monetary estimate even higher), but when I found out that
she'd not done any kind of rectal exam to see if she was blocked I put
my foot down. Natasha was "plugged up" about a year ago, and was set
to rights with application of a well greased finger, an enema and some
fluids.

I went back to see her, because they were also concerned that she
seemed lethargic, but she was actually a bit more herself (she's one
of those kitties that goes limp at TEDs). She just seemed pretty
uncomfortable. While I was skritching her in the incubator (they put
her in an incubator to raise her body temp), the doctor decided to put
the glove on and "take the plunge". Nothing there in the pelvic
region, but apparently there was stuff when she poked around lower.
Said she "this is so soft - I guess maybe that's why I couldn't fee
anything when I examined her" (duh?) Said I "no x-rays until she's
been cleaned out, and then we'll see how she's doing in the morning".

So Natasha is spending the night at TEDs, and I ask purrs for her to
get feeling better soon so she can come home tomorrow!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old November 6th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Aww, the poor baby. I'm so sorry. Everyone here will be purring for her to
be feeling better ASAP.

Old November 6th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
[...]

Awww, purrs for poor Natasha.

Old November 6th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-11-05 23:14:19 -0600, Jeanne Hedge said:

[...]

Big purrs for Natasha. Sometimes, when we are gone it just upset their
whole routine and they can become ill. Dehydration alone can cause a
lot of feeling icky. Please keep us posted.

Old November 6th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 00:14:19 -0500, Jeanne Hedge wrote:

[...]

Purrs that it will all work out soon. MLB

Old November 6th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

So Natasha is spending the night at TEDs, and I ask purrs for her to
get feeling better soon so she can come home tomorrow!

Many purrs on the way for Tasha.

Old November 6th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Poor girl! Purrs for her to get better quickly!

Joyce

--
To reply privately, take the X's out of my user ID.

Old November 6th 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Poor Natasha, lots of purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)