PING BOOKIE-FREE IAMS & ALSO OTHER DOG & CAT FOODS IN THE UK

Old April 20th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default PING BOOKIE-FREE IAMS & ALSO OTHER DOG & CAT FOODS IN THE UK

On 19 Apr, 16:27, sheelagh wrote:
On 19 Apr, 15:48, Lis wrote:

On Apr 18, 6:22 pm, "Linda Boucher" wrote:

Hi
i thought Iams was recalled

Some Iams is recalled, not all, and Sheelagh is in the UK, where it
hasn't been recalled at all.

Lis

That is correct. We are in the UK, & none of the IAMS products were
recalled over here.

I think the incident in the USA did a lot of damage to their
clientele, & that of their customers faith, after all, we do talk to
each other & news gets around as it has done in this case.

How could they possibly only offer it only to their US customers,
without offending their EUROPIAN Market too..It would have been
offensive, so we are just plain lucky to get something for nothing. I
can assure you that we get very little for nothing. over here. Once
upon a time, I can remember my mother saying to me that even fresh air
would be taxed eventually, she was right( as she always is, damned it
all)..It's Called environmental Tax, but it means the same thing
really...

Whilst I was looking at IAMS, I decided to have a look around & found
that there was a site that had a whole bunch of pet food suppliers
that were offering free samples of cat and dog food, so I decided to
post that too. As I said, we hardly ever get something, for
nothing....
S;o)

Thank you for this interesting link. I shall make good use of the
offers that each of the companies has to offer so that we can get some
added help with feeding our kittens this summer.

I had thought of doing this some months ago, but didn't act on it at
the time, so this is very handy.
K.

Old April 21st 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On 20 Apr, 00:04, bookie wrote:
On 19 Apr, 18:32, sheelagh wrote:

On 19 Apr, 16:36, bookie wrote:

On 19 Apr, 02:20, "ode de sweat" wrote:

it's me bookie barry

im going to indulge in my freedom and walk to the corner and get a fag

ill be back...

poast something good

if ya feelin cranky.. ...

no my housemate doesn't have a cat and neither do his parents but the
thing is if I phone up Iams twice and give them the same address twice
they may smell a rat and not send me anything, soooooo i get housemate
to ring up and pretend it is for him at his mum's address and they
will send him stuff there (he can go and pick it up when he goes on
sundays for lunch and to get his weekly home baked cake from his mum)
and we get 2 lots of free grub.

i might not bother becauise jessie is in a strop with me for combing
her but i have to cos she is moulting like a ******* every where and I
have to get all her shed fur off her before she cohokes to death on
it, daft animal

bookie
no my housemate doesn't have a cat and neither do his parents but the
thing is if I phone up Iams twice and give them the same address twice
they may smell a rat and not send me anything, soooooo i get housemate
to ring up and pretend it is for him at his mum's address and they
will send him stuff there (he can go and pick it up when he goes on
sundays for lunch and to get his weekly home baked cake from his mum)
and we get 2 lots of free grub.

All English women must think the same way then...?!!
We did the same when it came to house sharing..one mum got all the
washing, another did the baking & one would provide Sunday roasts for
us all. It was the best time of my life.. all that done for us,
instead of me doing it for everyone else, as I do now. My god the
pickings were rich & life was easy then

We do the same thing when it comes to Internet goodies for free too.
The difference being that there are 4 kids here with email address's
and friends who are perfectly happy to allow us to rip the free food
allowance off.
What can I say... I used to have morals, then I met Barry ,lol!!

i might not bother because jessie is in a strop with me for combing
her but i have to cos she is moulting like a ******* every where and I
have to get all her shed fur off her before she chokes to death on
it, daft animal

Poor Jessie..( I would say poor you Bookie, but we slaves have to bare
the burden without moaning..yeah.. right...)
Moan...?
Me...?

Of course I do, all day and all damned night too.. I am a professional
whinger, I have kids...
Actually, that was a pack of lies, I do feel for you having to brush
those knots out..have you any idea what it is like trying to pin Biffy
down & get near him with a pair of hair clippers when he has clinkers
that he can't get rid of, & nor can I because he wont let me near his
prize award winning balls...?

Its murder.. I have to get a child to fold the front legs, & Paul to
hold the back ones
( bunny rabbit back kicks can really hurt when it is Biffy!!) with
Ross holding his muzzle just so that we can get to the damned knot he
didn't bother to take care of..
Worse, you have to do it all in the name of LOVE....
Ringo is a different matter altogether..)
S;o)- Hide quoted text -

thats the thing, I ahve to do it, and I do it cos i love her and I
don't want her choking on hairballs or havign a horrid matted coats
with things living it, but of course she doesn't understand that it is
for her own good. I hate making her yowl like that, it sounds as
though i am tryign to turn her inside out or something, but it is
necessary. Also I tend to have to deal with it by myself as housemates
tend to be useless at holding her still and let her wriggle and escape
to easily (they are scared of hurtign her which is understandable cos
she does yowl so loud and so piteously).

it cannot be comfortable for her to have shed fur hanging in her coat
like that, and tonight she has a much softer coat. She doesn't really
gets mats and tangle, she is shorthaired, and also I haven't let it
get that far with her anyway, but i have to comb her a few times a
week to get rid of shed hair and stuff, particualrly at this time of
year coming into spring./summer.

still, she can't complain too much cos after every combing session she
gets lots of treats (whiskas temptations, ashe knows the sound of the
box now), bits of ham, cuddles and fuss, all to soothe a bruised ego

bookie- Hide quoted text -

Have you ever heard or considered using s grooming mitten?
You can usually find them in most pound shops. They are inexpensive &
very useful.
I used to use both a brush and a comb for my lot, but my mother bought
me one & I can honestly say that it was one of the best £1's she has
ever spent on me.

It looks like a very basis mitten but on the inside of the mitt there
is a rubber teeth side and basically all you have to do is stroke the
cat & the mitten retains all of the loose hair. All that you have to
do is stop occasionally to unload the loose hair before continuing on
the next cat. If the cat you happen to be stroking is especially
grateful you could do it twice for them just for the extra purr
factor.

It does wonders in saving your hoover motor burning out & the cat
appreciates it as much as you appreciate the purrs you receive in
payment in kind- also less dusting & generally no damned cat hair in
everything you pick up including the back of your sofa and on the tops
of your armchairs. So far I have worked my way through 3 Dyson's & a
Morphy Richards pet hoover too. But, since having the mitten, this
last Dyson is doing very well. It has lasted 2 years so far. ( Touch
wood!)

K.