Sooo sad cat 'lament' is charming

Old February 6th 04, 06:19 PM
Singer709

Default Sooo sad cat 'lament' is charming

My big cat RJ, as all of our beloved kittys will do, has this
extremely sad, sorrowful lament meow that he uses when he wants to be
fed, or petted, or a door opened -- and of course it's charming and
funny, but we can't laugh. It sounds like "meooowwwwwaaaa"

It's so sweet and delightful.
Old February 6th 04, 10:21 PM
Hopitus2

This sounds wacko, but Maluce, my fave of the Evil 3 here, puts up a lot
with my grabbing her and holding/kissing her dark little face. I get ahold
of her on the bed and put her up on my chest and pet her. She tolerates this
"slave-love" for a few minutes, then always sets up a series of little meows
that sound just like "maaameee", accent on "meee", wanting me to release
her. If I don't, the pleas grow louder, and eventually turn into soft
growls. Never is a claw put out, but much squirming to get away. They do
love us in their own way. If I don't grab her, she will stay forever nestled
up to my side like a heat-seeking missile.

"jmcquown" wrote in message
: m. L. Briggs wrote:
: On 6 Feb 2004 09:19:07 -0800, (Singer709) wrote:
:
: My big cat RJ, as all of our beloved kittys will do, has this
: extremely sad, sorrowful lament meow that he uses when he wants to be
: fed, or petted, or a door opened -- and of course it's charming and
: funny, but we can't laugh. It sounds like "meooowwwwwaaaa"
:
: It's so sweet and delightful.
: Has he been checked by the Vet lately? It could be he is not feeling
: well. (This question comes from experience.)
:
: Or just the cat being vocal. Persia sounds like "meowma" when she is in
the
: kitchen after a treat.. I even make her repeat after me, "meowma" before
: give one to her. It's too funny because it's like she's saying "mama".
:
: Jill
:
:

Old February 6th 04, 10:53 PM
Victor Martinez

Singer709 wrote:
It's so sweet and delightful.

Our little Fez has the most pathetic sounding little meow... the
neighbors must think we're abusing this poor hungry, cold, defenseless
kitten...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 7th 04, 01:36 AM
Sherry

This sounds wacko, but Maluce, my fave of the Evil 3 here, puts up a lot
with my grabbing her and holding/kissing her dark little face.

You're not supposed to have favorites, Hop-girl. I'm telling. Or I probably
won't have to tell, I am quite sure the BT reads the newsgroups while you're
away.

I get ahold
of her on the bed and put her up on my chest and pet her. She tolerates this
"slave-love" for a few minutes, then always sets up a series of little meows
that sound just like "maaameee", accent on "meee", wanting me to release
her. If I don't, the pleas grow louder, and eventually turn into soft
growls. Never is a claw put out, but much squirming to get away. They do
love us in their own way.

Ha! Sounds like Frank, who *hates* be held. Sometimes I do iit anyway, grab him
up and cuddle him & say "Oooooooo, hugss hugs hugs for baby Frank." He goes
"meOOOOOOWWWRR". and I go, "Oooo I love you too, Frankie. He then starts
washing every inch of his body like he's been exposed to plague.

Sherry
Old February 7th 04, 06:40 AM
Hopitus2

Actually, Maluce & Rowdy get along pretty good except for Rowdy's bullying
to play. It took about 2 years here before Rowdy actually became
affectionate and loving in his own way (remember, he likes to give
"lovebites"!) but the jealous one is really Sylvie, who is a total loner,
catwise, but a sweetie to hoomins. She is even a puddle of purrs while I'm
trimming those polydactyl claws of hers, more challenging than average claws
as the extra toes are not normal size and I have to be real careful not to
pinch with the clippers. Maluce doesn't mind claw trimming, but Rowdy gets
his *back* claws trimmed,(Bimbo-girl had him declawed in front)simply
because when he jumps off you 19# of Rowdy can dig them back claws in pretty
bad if your leg is his springboard.