Maxi

Old July 7th 03, 03:51 PM
Opened Eyes

Default Maxi

We have a beautiful 8 month old, spayed, has all her shots, manx
kitten. She is lovely to look at, orange tabby and amber eyes. She is
also the spawn of demon cats everywhere!!!

Neither my husband nor myself has ever experienced the nonsense this
kitten can produce. She slapped me awake the other morning at 3am, she
bites feet and legs after lying in ambush for us. She has attached her
true affection to my husband, grooming his head and bathing him. My
role in her life is to scratch her when she jumps on my lap and not to
stop until she slaps the crap out of my hands. We stopped playing with
her, months ago, hoping to break the connection between our hands
signaling a game and her inability to distinguish between play and pain.
The water pistol proved effective only until she decided she was going
to simply ignore it.

She's ours. She's a CAT for God's sake...we MUST win.....she's not
going anywhere, although my husband has suggested that too much of our
income goes for bandaids and ointments for my arms and hands, and
perhaps we should find Maxi another home.

PLEASE HELP

Cozzie

Old July 7th 03, 05:38 PM
*~*SooZy*~*

protective clothing!!!!!!!!!

--
Luv 'n stuff
*~*SooZy*~*

Old July 7th 03, 09:22 PM
Bill

"Opened Eyes" wrote in message
We have a beautiful 8 month old, spayed, has all her shots, manx
kitten. She is lovely to look at, orange tabby and amber eyes. She is
also the spawn of demon cats everywhere!!!

Neither my husband nor myself has ever experienced the nonsense this
kitten can produce. She slapped me awake the other morning at 3am, she
bites feet and legs after lying in ambush for us. She has attached her
true affection to my husband, grooming his head and bathing him. My
role in her life is to scratch her when she jumps on my lap and not to
stop until she slaps the crap out of my hands.

Most cats will simply jump down from your lap or walk away when they're
tired of being petted. However, a few cats will bite you or take a swipe at
you with their claw when they get tired of being petted.

One strategy would be to shorten the petting session so you put the cat down
before she tires of being petted. Watch for telltale signs the cat is
becoming annoyed, such as wagging the tail from the base.

Warn the cat off from biting legs and feet by hissing or growling. All cats
understand this. This is especially effective if you anticipate when the
cat is going to attack you and warn her off in advance.

We stopped playing with
her, months ago, hoping to break the connection between our hands
signaling a game and her inability to distinguish between play and pain.
The water pistol proved effective only until she decided she was going
to simply ignore it.

She's ours. She's a CAT for God's sake...we MUST win.....she's not
going anywhere, although my husband has suggested that too much of our
income goes for bandaids and ointments for my arms and hands, and
perhaps we should find Maxi another home.

PLEASE HELP

Cozzie

As other have pointed out, the cat is probably bored. You can buy cat toys
she likes to play with and use a cat toy to play with her to burn off some
energy. Feathers-on-the-end-of-a-stick is always a favorite. Sometime the
stick part is as fun as the feathers. Laser pointer red dots are fun to
chase around the floor, but be careful not to shine the light in the cat's
eyes.

Another kitten for a companion can be the answer too.

Bill

Old July 7th 03, 10:17 PM
Cheryl

Opened Eyes wrote:
We have a beautiful 8 month old, spayed, has all her shots, manx
kitten. She is lovely to look at, orange tabby and amber eyes. She
is also the spawn of demon cats everywhere!!!

Neither my husband nor myself has ever experienced the nonsense this
kitten can produce. She slapped me awake the other morning at 3am,
she bites feet and legs after lying in ambush for us. She has
attached her true affection to my husband, grooming his head and
bathing him. My role in her life is to scratch her when she jumps

on
my lap and not to stop until she slaps the crap out of my hands. We
stopped playing with her, months ago, hoping to break the connection
between our hands signaling a game and her inability to distinguish
between play and pain. The water pistol proved effective only until
she decided she was going to simply ignore it.

snip

She sounds like a healthy, active playful cat. My Shamrock is a
lot like this. I've had him since March of 2002; he was about a year
old at the time. He gets over-stimulated and it's been this way from
day one with him. The difference between then and now is that I've
learned to see his warning signs and stop petting him before he bites
or grabs hold of my arm and rakes with his back feet. He still grabs
my ankles when I walk by or grabs me if I walk by him on his cat tree
too close. Since I know he will do these things, I compensate by
making sure I'm not within claws reach but for the most part he is
calming down. Good luck with your Maxi.

Cheryl