cat suddenly paralyzed

Old July 10th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Default cat suddenly paralyzed

"Elle" wrote in message
k.net...
"cybercat" wrote
"Elle" wrote
wrote
wrote:

Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat
sitting by our
aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait,
and she was
twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a
pretty hot
day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke
(alothough it had
never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for
her) and we
got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore.
It's now been
more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely
paralized from the
neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but
im sure she
must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my
girlfriend saw
her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking
strait. We haven't
taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be
able to. Does
any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what
we can do?

Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?

Out of curiosity:
What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?

How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
shelter because you refused to rescue them?

I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
cat. That's the point, isn't it?

Idiot.

If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that proves my points
above.

One thing that I learned a long time ago the one that blows the horn is
usually the one full of hot air

Old July 10th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elle

"cybercat" wrote
"Matthew" wrote
"Elle" wrote
"cybercat" wrote
"Elle" wrote
wrote
wrote:

[...]

Onde thing I learned a long time ago is that anyone who
posts to Usenet (on a computer
worth several hundred dollars) about a critically ill
animal instead of taking the animal to the
vet is criminally negligent and personally abhorrent--at
least to me.

Negligent, yes.

Criminally, no.

Personally abhorent? Depends. If they know low cost ways to
put a very sick animal out of its suffering and do not act
upon them, then they are abhorrent. If they are asking what
to do, then they are simply not educated on the point.

Well, "Matt," what do you think?

Could you, would you leave a critically ill animal to
suffer?

He is leaving a critically ill animal to suffer. Many each
day, as a matter of fact. Pillory him.

I asked a few polite questions. You did not answer. That
still says it all.

snip. Vulgarity only reflects on you and doesn't help this
discussion or newsgroup.

Congratulations (for making it so quickly into my killfile).
I demand rational discussion or else I do a disservice to
everyone here trying to get help with their animals.

Old July 10th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"Elle" wrote:

wrote
wrote:

[...]

Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
can't find money for vet care? It's usually just priorities when money
is scarce. Hell, just don't go drinking for 3 weeks or cut back on the
Big Macs. Probably got a cell phone too.

-mhd
Old July 10th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elle

wrote
"Elle" wrote:

wrote
wrote:

[...]

You can afford internet service and a computer but can't
take in five more cats?

You are in no position to judge. You might be in a position
to help.

No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
simply be unaware of all their options.

Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
treat animals.

Old July 10th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

Elle wrote:

No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
simply be unaware of all their options.

Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
treat animals.

Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:

http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou

Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
a poor, paralyzed cat.

Candace

Old July 10th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"Elle" wrote:

You can afford internet service and a computer but can't
take in five more cats?

Straw man argument. The OP is sitting around with a paralyzed cat and
you sit around making stupid posts. There is only one response to the
Op and that is to get the cat to a vet.

-mhd
Old July 10th 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"Candace" wrote:

Elle wrote:

No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
simply be unaware of all their options.

Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
treat animals.

Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:

http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou

Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
a poor, paralyzed cat.

Candace

Don't confuse Elle with facts.

-mhd
Old July 10th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
angel

Elle wrote:

If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that
proves my points above.

BE ADVISED TO THE FOLLOWING LAWS AND PENALTIES
OF THE STATE OF TEXAS

State of Texas Penal Code

SEC. 42.09. CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

(A) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(1) tortures or seriously overworks an animal;
(2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, SHELTER or
care;
(3) abandons unreasonably an animal in his custody;
(4) transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner;
(5) kills, injures, or administers poison to an animal
belonging to
another without legal authority or the owner's effective
consent;
(6) causes one animal to fight another;
(7) uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training or in dog
coursing;
(8) horse tripping

AN OFFENSE UNDER THIS SECTION IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
SEC. 12.21 CLASS A MISDEMEANOR

(A) Any individual adjudged guilty of a Class A misdemeanor shall be
punished by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $4,000.00;
(2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year;
(3) BOTH such fine and imprisonment.

Animal Cruelty Statute - Third Offense
An amendment to the Penal Code, provides a felony penalty for
individuals convicted of animal abuse on a third offense.
As of September 1, 2001, people who are convicted of committing acts of
cruelty or torture to animals can receive harsher punishment via the
new bill: HB 653. Heinous crimes of cruelty towards animals can now be
tried as a FELONY punishable by up to $10,000 in fines or 2 years in
jail or BOTH. Under this new law, minors (under the age of 18) can be
forced to undergo psychological counseling.

Studies have shown links between animal abuse and domestic violence.
Furthermore, those who torture animals are at much higher risk
for committing violent and deadly crimes against humans later in life.

It is not enough to be compassionate you must act
Amy Bartell

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
Ghandi

Any cat is helpless to help themselves much less a paralyzed cat.

How many think the OP will post back and be honest and say the cat
died?

They let the paralyzed cat lay, she even posted back and told the cat
pooped and pee'd one time. Where was the common sense and decency to
act responsibly on behalf of the cat? What was the diagnosis? Nobody
knows.

This is really sad. The little cat sat outside the door dying. Till the
sun finally took her out. There is no mention of water outside the
apartment, no provision

what do the law say?

(2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, SHELTER or
care;
(3) abandons unreasonably an animal in his custody;

mhmmm

Old July 10th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Elle wrote:

Out of curiosity:
What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?

Actually none of it makes sense. If you don't have a cash reserve or a
credit card for such emergencies, don't keep the animal.

How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
shelter because you refused to rescue them?

Thousands - and it is a fate much better than a cat suffering to death
because its idiot "owner" can't afford to have it treated by a vet.

I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
cat. That's the point, isn't it?

The only help this cat needs is immediate vet care. She isn't going to
find that on the internet. That's the ONLY point worth making.

-L.