I could use some advice

Old August 29th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Alison

Default I could use some advice

"Martha" wrote in message
I am probably going to invite a third cat into my home. He has been
boarded since March, and now his people say to send him to the shelter!

He is 14 or 15, and apparently is a lovebug. I have one boss cat [19
pounds!] who is also a lovebug, but still boss to the other cat. Boss
cat is 13, and other cat is 17.

Any ideas on how to do this? I'm a bit worried, as shutting cats into
other rooms is not easy with the apartment layout I have.

TIA!

Martha

Good luck Its not easy introducing new cats.
This is a good link about cat intros , it's long but worth reading
http://messybeast.com/first-impressions.htm
--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Old August 30th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Martha wrote:
Thanks for all the help!

I'm meeting him on Thursday.

I don't have any advice to give, having always used the
plonk-new-cat-down-among-old-cats-and-let-them-work-it-out-among-themselves
method, but we are sending lots of purrs that it goes well. 'We' as in
Miranda and Caliban, who are now best friends though Miranda hated
Caliban when he arrived.