Preparing for a painful loss

Old October 7th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kalynnda Berens

Default Preparing for a painful loss

I'm crying, knowing that the news I'll hear later this morning is
probably not good. Pixel, our very much loved and special tabby, is
very sick. He has major liver issues which we thought he could recover
from, with help and tube feedings. Now, we aren't so sure. Our
wonderful internal medicine vet was not too hopeful last night.

Pixel shares a birthday with my wife. They are especially close, though
he became "our" cat after a few years. He is, was, so full of life.
He's a niphead and lounge kitty.

What hurts the most is that he is only 10 years old. This was all so
sudden. We love him so much. We'd do anything for him, except prolong
his suffering.

You can see Pixel, and our other wonderful kitties, at
http://picasaweb.google.com/100930165153126521310

I'll keep you posted.

Kalynnda
Old October 7th 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Awww, I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Purrs on the way to help heal your
breaking hearts.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 7th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kalynnda Berens wrote:
I'm crying, knowing that the news I'll hear later this morning is
probably not good. Pixel, our very much loved and special tabby, is
very sick. He has major liver issues which we thought he could recover
from, with help and tube feedings. Now, we aren't so sure. Our
wonderful internal medicine vet was not too hopeful last night.

Pixel shares a birthday with my wife. They are especially close, though
he became "our" cat after a few years. He is, was, so full of life.
He's a niphead and lounge kitty.

What hurts the most is that he is only 10 years old. This was all so
sudden. We love him so much. We'd do anything for him, except prolong
his suffering.

You can see Pixel, and our other wonderful kitties, at
http://picasaweb.google.com/100930165153126521310

I'll keep you posted.

Kalynnda

Purrs for a miracle.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 7th 10, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for all three of you.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old October 7th 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kalynnda Berens wrote:

I'm crying, knowing that the news I'll hear later this morning is
probably not good. Pixel, our very much loved and special tabby, is
very sick. He has major liver issues which we thought he could recover
from, with help and tube feedings. Now, we aren't so sure. Our
wonderful internal medicine vet was not too hopeful last night.

Pixel shares a birthday with my wife. They are especially close, though
he became "our" cat after a few years. He is, was, so full of life.
He's a niphead and lounge kitty.

What hurts the most is that he is only 10 years old. This was all so
sudden. We love him so much. We'd do anything for him, except prolong
his suffering.

You can see Pixel, and our other wonderful kitties, at
http://picasaweb.google.com/100930165153126521310

I'm so sorry. I really hope you get unexpectedly good news, but if
nothing can be done, the only thing I hope for him is a peaceful
passing. Purrs for you and the rest of your family.

Joyce

--
There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one
to come off as a sane person.
Old October 7th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_7_]

Purrs and prayers in route for all of you. ((((((((((HUGS for you and your
wife )))))))
I'm so sorry to hear of this Pixel is a beautiful kitty and is so well
loved by you and your wife. .
Love,
Kyla

"Kalynnda Berens" ...

Old October 7th 10, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kalynnda Berens

Default UPDATE: He may make it yet!!!!

Amazingly, Pixel's blood values showed marked improvement. He even
wanted the vet staff to rub his belly!!!!!

He's not out of the woods. He's still very sick. But I'm much more
hopeful than I was just 6 hours ago.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'll keep you updated.

Kalynnda

Old October 7th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kalynnda Berens wrote:

Amazingly, Pixel's blood values showed marked improvement. He even
wanted the vet staff to rub his belly!!!!!

He's not out of the woods. He's still very sick. But I'm much more
hopeful than I was just 6 hours ago.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'll keep you updated.

Please do. I'm so glad to hear this! What's wrong with him, if you
don't mind saying?

I looked at some of the photos you posted earlier - Pixel is adorable.
I'll keep an image of him in my mind as I have my gang continue purring
for him.

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker