Preparing for the trip....

Old July 25th 05, 08:21 PM
Mischief

Default Preparing for the trip....

After reading about Scout and Silver's trip to TED, I'm quite amused at
how I'm going to corral Imp, Mischief and Mayhem into carrier and get
them into the car, ALONG with the birdcage with my two parakeets.

I figure I will put out the carriers first. I need to run by work
tomorrow after class and borrow a carrier since I onlye have two
carriers and three cats and I highly doubt Imp and Mischief could be
squeezed into one.

Imp is by far the most skittish, so I'm going to have to grab him
first. If I do it as soon as I come home and he's curled up behind my
roommate's desk, he will be waking up from a nap and won't be able to
react fast enough.

Mayhem will also be a little tough, because she's small and quick and
she will head underneath the bed. I might have to put Imp in the
carrier and then wait for her to come out. Mischief the trick is
cornering her so I'll have to shut the door to the bedrooms to keep her
out.

It will be so much fun. Then the task will be taking them down one at
a time, since I'm not supposed to have three cats.

Ah this will be fun....

I'm not looking forward to many aspects of this trip to visit my family
in Northern CA. I'm mentioned in earlier posts about my parents, and
even though they love me they tend to be overbearing. Hopefully I will
be able to keep my cool and my temper while they lecture me about my
weight (i'm the same as last year) and my asthma and the cats and how I
should get rid of them, etc...

The high point of the trip is that I'm getting a new car. A hand me
down really from my grandparents, but its got low mileage and minimal
dents. The low points are that I'm going to have to drive it all the
way back from Northern California.......with my mother. This should be
fun. Hopefully she'll fall asleep for most of the trip

Ah well, things will go better...

Time to clean the apartment, so when my mom shows up she's not appalled
at the 'mess'

Kristi

Old July 25th 05, 08:50 PM
CatNipped

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK! Never, *NEVER* would I do such a thing - you're braver
than I am! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 25th 05, 09:19 PM
Christine Burel

Lots of purrs for your trip preparations. And patience purrs for putting
up with family; I know how that is! Good luck and hope you have a safe
trip!
Christine
oups.com...

Old July 26th 05, 04:23 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-25, Mischief penned:
The high point of the trip is that I'm getting a new car. A hand me
down really from my grandparents, but its got low mileage and
minimal dents. The low points are that I'm going to have to drive
it all the way back from Northern California.......with my mother.
This should be fun. Hopefully she'll fall asleep for most of the
trip

Oh, man. I love my mother dearly, but when she offered to ride with
me on the way from my aunt's to my house (about a 7 hour drive), I
quickly said, "No, thanks." Does your mom have a brake pedal on the
dash like mine does? Whenever she thinks I'm going too fast she
starts pushing it =P

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 26th 05, 04:50 AM
Marina

Mischief wrote:
After reading about Scout and Silver's trip to TED, I'm quite amused at
how I'm going to corral Imp, Mischief and Mayhem into carrier and get
them into the car, ALONG with the birdcage with my two parakeets.

snippetty
Good luck with the cats and with the trip in general. Frank and Miranda
wil be purring for you from the island.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

We're back from our trip badwilson Cat anecdotes 3 June 17th 05 07:43 PM
Going on another trip! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 10th 05 04:29 AM
OT My Trip to Texas - long Bridget Cat anecdotes 10 December 8th 04 04:44 PM
The Trip Marina Cat anecdotes 10 July 1st 04 12:34 AM
Cat Survives Cross Country Trip in Drawer kaeli Cat health & behaviour 2 May 12th 04 06:03 PM